Artificial menopause - what is it? In medicine, so called ovarian cessation caused by the use of medications when natural female hormones are not produced. During this period, there is a temporary cessation of ovarian function, menstruation stops.
Artificial menopause is prescribed in the totality of measures in the treatment of pathologies on the gynecological background, including with infertility. Natural menopause from artificial differs in that the second has a therapeutic effect, and it can be done in the reproductive age.
The process of artificial menopause is reversible, which means that after discontinuation of medication, the ovaries undergo a stage of recovery of function and the menstrual cycle. The treatment period lasts about six months.
Help the body with artificial menopause
During artificial menopause symptoms almost coincide with the first signs of natural menopause. An increase in sweating, the appearance of heat, irritability, dryness of mucous membranes.
To alleviate the condition, it is necessary to follow simple rules:
1. Normalize the diet by adding more vegetables and fruits, seafood and cereals, but excluding fried, smoked, spicy, as well as frequent use of coffee, alcohol, smoking,
2. Replace various drinks with clean water.
3. Pay particular attention to the mode of physical activity,
4. Rest well
5. Do not overheat, do not take hot baths and avoid thermal procedures,
6. When the tides come cool cool compresses and drinks, humid air in the room,
7. To cheer up and forget about irritability, doctors recommend taking sedatives or herbal teas.
What it is?
Artificial menopause is an intentionally induced state of the body, in which the production of female sex hormones (namely, estrogen) is suppressed.
Enter the female body in such a state is necessary for the following pathologies:
- Endometriosis is the proliferation of the inner lining of the uterus. Its thickening can cause infertility and other pathological changes in the body. In severe advanced cases, the endometrium can grow into organs adjacent to the uterus (intestines, ovaries). When natural menopause occurs, the production of estrogen, which is responsible for the formation of the endometrium, slows down (and then stops altogether). In the case when medical or surgical intervention does not give the desired result, resort to artificial climax.
- Malignant neoplasms - in this case, artificial menopause is used to reduce the tumor before surgery.
- Uterine myoma is a benign tumor, in which myometrium cells actively proliferate in the cavity of the female organ. Their formation depends on the hormonal background, so it is advisable to use the state of artificial menopause.
- Ovarian cyst is a common pathology that occurs in women of all ages. This is a tumor with a thin wall filled with fluid inside (or endometrium). Their appearance depends on the level of hormones, so you can get rid of their reproduction using a certain state of the body.
Also, the state of artificial menopause can be used to treat infertility. Since if it is impossible to conceive a child, the egg does not come out of the follicle, a sharp change in the hormonal background can stimulate this process. Sometimes it is resorted to during IVF.
With the development of new technologies, many ways have emerged that can reach the state of artificial climax. Most often, this is done using a surgical method and medical preparations. These drugs are hormones like "gonadotropin-releasing" (from the English. Release - release).
Gonadotropic hormones (luteinizing and follicle-stimulating) regulate the production of progesterone and estrogen in the ovaries. Their chemical analogues are used to treat hormone-dependent diseases, and therefore for the introduction into the state of artificial menopause.
The most commonly used methods and preparations are:
- Buserelin is a synthetic analogue of GRG. Its use for two weeks causes a sharp increase in hormone production, further consumption leads to a complete stop of the production of the corresponding hormones. Used in the treatment of endometriosis and uterine fibroids. Available in nasal spray form.
- Triptorelin is another name for Diferelin, a chemical analogue of the hormone gonadotropin. Its use causes a natural reaction to the hormone in the body: stimulation, and then inhibition of gonadotropic function. Produced in the form of a lyophilisate for the preparation of a suspension for injection.
- Zoladex is another analogue of GRG. Its use leads to a sharp increase and then a decrease in the production of estradiol. Available in the form of ampoules for subcutaneous injection.
- Goserelin - an analogue of luteinizing gonadotropin-releasing hormone. Apply entering into the abdominal wall for 6 months.
- Surgical method is the most radical. It consists in complete removal of the ovaries, is used for cancer of the uterus, ovaries and mammary glands. The consequences of such an artificial menopause are irreversible.
In addition, the radiological method is used to combat hormone-dependent diseases. It consists in the irradiation of the ovaries or other organs affected by the tumor. It should be noted that even with the use of drugs to suppress ovarian function, some time after the end of their reception, the functions, as a rule, are restored.
A sharp change in hormonal levels can not affect the health and well-being. That is why the state of artificial menopause is accompanied by some symptoms:
- First of all, there are disturbances in the work of the autonomic nervous system. These are emotional lability, mood swings, tearfulness, nervousness, irritability, insomnia.
- Sensations of heat, hot flashes, decreased libido and weight gain can also be among the first signs.
- In some cases, reduced performance and increased fatigue.
- In the genital area, artificial menopause appears itchy in the genitals, a feeling of dryness in them, the occurrence of discomfort and pain during sex.
- Violations of the hormonal background can cause hypertension.
- The decrease in estrogen level contributes to the rapid leaching of calcium from the bones, which is manifested by fatigue in the legs, sensations of spasm and cramps in the calves.
Much less common symptoms of masculinization, increased vegetation, dry skin and depression.
Exit from menopause
As a rule, the treatment of gynecological disease, for which a woman was introduced into artificial menopause, takes from three to six months. All this time, the patient should be regularly examined by a gynecologist to identify pathologies and determine the effectiveness of treatment.
After the disease is completely cured, restoration of normal ovarian function begins.
- A gradual reduction in the dosage of the drugs taken.
- Hormone replacement therapy.
- Screening hormones to determine their level and adjusting the exit from menopause.
Monthly are restored already some time after the termination of the course of reception of analogs of the GRG. In the first three months, before the normalization of the hormonal background, there may be violations of the cycle, which then pass. Exit menopause is carried out under medical supervision.
During the treatment of the disease, being in a state of artificial menopause, a woman can do some things to help the body cope with manifestations of hormonal imbalance:
- Stop drinking alcohol and nicotine.
- More to be in the fresh air, try to walk for at least an hour a day.
- Eat right: avoid fried, spicy and harmful, preferring vegetables and fruits.
- To facilitate the state of the body during hot flashes, you can pour cold water.
- If desired, a woman can take drugs that will help reduce the unpleasant manifestations of menopause. Before using them, it is imperative to consult a doctor.
No less important is psychological support. It is best to use the services of a professional therapist who will help you get through this ordeal.
Artificial climax sounds scary. Every woman is afraid of him and would not like to experience this process. And yet, with the use of modern medications, this method of treating certain diseases allows you to get rid of them and restore hormone production functions in a short period of time.
What is artificial menopause
Natural menopause - the process of stopping the menstrual cycle and ovarian work in women from 45–50 years to the end of life. The cessation of reproductive function is associated with the "wear and tear" of a woman's body, a reduction in the number of eggs and the accumulation of mutations in the remaining sex cells - all this makes pregnancy undesirable, therefore nature does not allow it to occur.
Induction of artificial menopause is a gynecological procedure that is used to treat certain diseases of the female reproductive system. The menstrual cycle is stopped with the help of special drugs or other therapeutic procedures, and after the cessation of their use ovarian function is restored.
Indications for the use of artificial menopause
Understanding what artificial menopause is is easy, but why would you need a procedure that stops the ovaries? Menopausal induce to treat:
- uterine fibroids,
- ovarian cysts,
These diseases of the reproductive system most often occur against the background of not physical, but hormonal factors, therefore it is difficult to cure such pathologies with the help of an operation, because they are constantly aggravated under the constant influence of active substances.
With the onset of menopause in a woman's body, the level of estrogen is significantly reduced, because it is synthesized by the ovaries, which work almost completely stops after menopause. Changes in the work of not only the genital organs, but also of other systems, for example, in the skin, collagen synthesis is reduced, or in the bone tissue, the proportion of organic substances is reduced, so it becomes more fragile.
Endometriosis is a disease in which proliferation increases in a woman - cell division of the inner layer of the uterus and the formation of endometrial foci outside the uterus. Without timely treatment, the process can affect not only the genitals, but also the digestive organs. Estrogen, an ovarian hormone, is responsible for increasing the number of cells.
An artificially induced menopause will help a woman get rid of endometriosis, because the induction of menopause in her body will lower the level of estrogen, and the proliferation of cells of the uterine mucous layer will not be so intense. Usually, after such a conservative treatment, with the abolition of drugs that suppress the work of the ovaries, the woman's menstrual cycle normalizes, but endometriosis does not bother her anymore.
Uterine fibroids - a benign neoplasm on the walls of this organ, arising due to excessive division of fibroblasts in a certain area of the mucous layer. The development of the disease directly depends on estrogen and progesterone - female hormones, and by causing artificial menopause, their blood levels can be significantly reduced.
For regression of uterine fibroids, artificial menopause is used when it cannot be removed immediately by surgical intervention. If the operation is possible without induction of menopause, this step is skipped.
A cyst is a benign neoplasm in the ovarian follicles that has liquid or heterogeneous contents. Appearing in the ovary, it slowly but constantly grows under the influence of estrogen and progesterone. At the same time, it can adversely affect the course of the menstrual cycle: disrupt the onset of the ovulatory phase, make the menses more abundant and painful. The most dangerous thing in an ovarian cyst is the possibility of rupture, which will lead to a large loss of blood and the multiplication of pathogenic bacteria that can cause sepsis.
The drug that causes temporary menopause will help to artificially reduce the blood levels of estrogen and progesterone, as well as indirectly reduce the amount of FSH, so the cyst will stop its growth during therapy and it can be carefully removed by surgery. Sometimes with artificial menopause, cystic neoplasm regresses - disappears on its own.
For the combined treatment of hormone-dependent infertility in women, the doctor may apply artificial hypoestrogenism - menopause. In this way, the menstrual cycle with a short luteal phase or without ovulation can be corrected. Do not worry, because pregnancy after artificial menopause is possible, for its occurrence after leaving it, the patient must take drugs with progesterone.
Without the induction of artificial menopause can not do women who want to have a child with IVF. Initially, the doctor injects a drug that causes hypoestrogenism to the patient, and after that, after a short period of time, she will have to take a high dose of progesterone. This will provoke the release of several germ cells at once from the follicles, after which the specialist will select the best quality eggs that are suitable for fertilization.
Preparations for artificial menopause
The choice of the drug for the induction of artificial menopause depends on the woman’s initial hormonal background and health problems, so the choice of medication should be entrusted to a doctor. Medications that can cause temporary menopause are released, so the information below is for guidance only.
For drugs that cause menopause include:
Preparations for artificial menopause are available in the form of solutions for injection or tablets. Most of them have an effect for 3-5 weeks, but there is a possibility of prolonging the action with regular intake of a certain dose of medication. At the beginning of the course of treatment, the woman should be supervised by a gynecologist to monitor her health.
Symptoms of the onset of artificial menopause
Symptoms of the onset of artificially induced menopause coincide with signs of physiological menopause:
- the appearance of a feeling of sails, sweating,
- change in taste preferences, decrease or increase in appetite,
- disorders of the digestive system: nausea, flatulence, constipation,
- increased hair loss
- weakness, sometimes the tremor of the hands begins,
- a woman becomes more irritable, crying appears, sleep is disturbed,
- Weight loss - the body mobilizes fatty tissue, in which there is a small reserve of estrogen and progesterone.
The difference between the temporary menopause and the present is that with artificial induction of menopause, its symptoms do not disturb the woman so much, so you can often do without additional drugs.
Exit from artificial menopause
Exit artificial climax should exercise under the supervision of a physician. The work of the ovaries and the menstrual cycle start at 6-10 weeks after the last dose of the drug - the recovery period depends on the individual characteristics of the female body. After 2-3 months, a woman is recommended to take a blood test for hormone levels to ensure a normal recovery.
Sometimes, after a call to artificial menopause, the patient's endometrial growth is disturbed, the constant level of estrogen decreases, or the content of other active substances increases, so the gynecologist may prescribe hormone therapy to eliminate side effects.
Types of artificial menopause
There are three main types of procedures for calling artificial menopause:
The surgical method of induction of menopause is radical and irreversible. Such therapy is used in extreme cases, for example, with the development of a malignant tumor in the uterus or ovary. During surgery, the affected organ is removed and the woman becomes nonfertile.
Radiation or X-ray induction of menopause is a method that is also used in the treatment of tumor neoplasms in the female reproductive system. This method of invoking menopause is more benign compared to surgical, since irradiation allows you to save organs, but at the same time it significantly reduces their ability to perform their functions.
Drug call menopause is a gentle method of therapy and is used quite often in gynecological practice, especially when it comes to the treatment of women of childbearing age. Но и этот метод неидеален, нередко после приема препаратов у женщины нарушается гормональный фон, хуже растет эндометрий и наблюдаются другие неприятные последствия.
Temporary menopause is used in gynecology to treat certain diseases of the reproductive system, because this method, based on the correction of hormonal levels by stopping the ovaries, has a good result. Independently cause menopause in no case can not, because drugs for this type of therapy have many side effects and contraindications, and if used incorrectly, they can disrupt the menstrual cycle and the endocrine system.
All the pros and cons of artificial menopause
With age in the life of a woman comes the natural process of recession of the reproductive function, called menopause. However, in some cases, modern medicine involves the deliberate induction of artificial menopause. This is used to treat certain diseases and renew the female body. What is artificial menopause and what are its features?
Any menopause, and in particular artificial, is characterized by the cessation of hormone production - estrogen. In this case, experts deliberately artificially stop the work of the ovaries, and as a result, the hormone estrogen disappears.
This process is caused by special medical preparations, depending on the age and characteristics of the organism, and is reversible. This method is used both in adulthood and in young and not giving birth women. Its duration - from six months and above.
Artificial menopause is often used for diseases of the reproductive-sexual system and for the healing of the female body by reducing the production of hormones and stopping menstruation.
Types of not timely menopause
The leading type of artificial menopause is drug climax. Characterized as a completely reversible method, sparing to the body. With this method, artificial hormones are introduced into the body, which affect the ovarian function, gradually stopping it for a while. Such medicines are introduced into the body in the form of injections, tablets and sprays.
The main drugs in the application of this method are Goserlen, Buserelin, Diferelin, Zolodeks, Norkolut and other medicines, which every year becomes more and more.
With surgical artificial menopause, the ovaries are completely removed. The method is irreversible, but in a situation of oncology only he can help.
Radiological method involves the radiation of the ovaries. At the end of the treatment, the ovaries partially recover their work.
It is important to remember that only after a deep and long-term diagnosis, medical specialists can select the appropriate method or preparations for artificial menopause, taking into account all the features of your body and clinical picture.
Symptoms with artificial menopause
Symptoms of artificial menopause are similar to manifestations of natural menopause. But their difference is that with artificial - the body is not prepared for such dramatic changes in the hormonal background, and in the work of other related systems.
- Changes in hormonal levels always lead to destabilization of the psycho-emotional state. At the same time there are sharp mood swings, fatigue, anxiety, drowsiness and even depression. Under the action of hormonal changes, the vascular tone of the brain decreases, which leads to a change in the normal operation of the adrenal glands. Perhaps a sharp increase in weight as a protective reaction of the body.
- Frequent manifestations of menopause are hot flashes. Since a sharp deficit of hormones transmits false signals to the brain, a failure occurs in the process of thermoregulation. As a result, you may feel hot flushes, sudden changes in temperature and chills. These phenomena are accompanied by hyperhidrosis.
- Due to the weakening of the body tissue material, various types of pain can be felt, in particular in the pelvic region. During this period, there is a noticeable deficiency of calcium in such manifestations as pain in the back and lower back, joints ache during menopause. In some cases, these changes can lead to osteoporosis.
- The course of artificial menopause is reflected in libido and sexual attraction. During intercourse, discomfort is noticeable due to dryness in the vagina. In some women, all these symptoms are absent, and the menopausal period passes quietly and painlessly. Therefore, it is very important to tune in to this stage correctly and maintain the body in the correct way of life.
Lifestyle during medical menopause
Nowadays, HRT (hormone replacement therapy) has become very popular with menopause. Its essence is to maintain balance at the time of a sharp decrease in hormones during natural and artificial climax.
The correct scheme of such therapy will determine for you only a specialist. During such a period, help and support of a psychologist who will help smooth out manifestations of mental destabilization will not be redundant. Perhaps he will prescribe light sedatives.
At home, you can maintain your body on your own with herbal decoctions and teas, fortifying fees. Pay attention to your food: eliminate spicy and fatty foods, synthetic seasonings, alcohol, tobacco and caffeine. About the negative impact of them, and so everyone knows, especially at the time of such a sharp load on the body. Eat more foods that contain calcium and phosphorus, be enriched with vitamins with vegetables and fruits.
It is necessary to abandon large loads, but you should not forget about physical activity. To avoid oxygen starvation of already weakened tissues and cells of the body, try to be more often in the fresh air, air the room in which you are and maintain sufficient moisture in it.
Since drugs that cause artificial menopause contain synthetic and auxiliary chemicals, use enough water so that they do not linger in the body. If you follow all these recommendations, you will comfortably transfer this process and get a beneficial, positive result.
Exit from this kind of menopause
Basically, the exit from artificial menopause occurs in 2-3 months. The introduction of medicines gradually stops and the reproductive function is restored in full, menstruation is resumed.
For each woman, the time and the process of getting out of this type of menopause is individual, but for all, the rule remains important - to monitor hormones for half a year. If there is an overabundance or deficiency of certain hormones, a hormonal correction should be prescribed. In any case, all changes that occur to the body after artificial menopause should occur under the regular supervision of a physician.
Practice shows that this is a fairly effective and painless method. But in rare cases, there are negative effects such as endometrial involution or ovarian atresia. These complications occur only on the basis of improper treatment during such a menopause. Therefore, in no case do not self-medicate and contact only experienced and proven specialists, following all his recommendations.
Pregnancy and ovulation after artificial menopause
If this stage and the exit from it have passed safely, then pregnancy after an artificial menopause may occur already after 3 months. Reproductive and other functions are fully restored, the libido returns, the diseases go away, and you are fully prepared to become a mother. Do not be upset if you can not get pregnant right away. Still, your body has experienced tremendous stress, hormones are still returning to normal, and this is a long and complicated process.
To plan further pregnancy, follow the pattern of your renewed menstruation and ovulation. Usually, ovulation is observed from 8 to 12 weeks after the last administration of drugs, and already at the first ovulation after artificial menopause, it is quite possible to become pregnant. In very rare cases, there were cases of pregnancy during menopause. But, as a rule, this technique was used for the general healing of the body with gentle medicines.
If you are faced with the question of using the artificial menopause method - do not be intimidated, study all the pros and cons and boldly entrust your body to a specialist, because on the way to health such effective treatment methods turn out to be very useful. Be healthy!
For what woman is introduced into the state of artificial menopause and how to get out of it
The onset of menopause is inevitable, with its manifestations, sooner or later, every woman will have to get acquainted. No one can know in advance how this difficult period will pass, but what women are in solidarity with is the desire to push it to a later date.
One can imagine the state of a woman, in front of whom there is a need for medical reasons to introduce the reproductive system into an artificial menopause earlier than the time set by nature.
Not everyone can come to terms with the loss of femininity even under the threat of developing a serious disease. In cases where there is no other way out other than suppressing ovarian function, the woman has to take this serious step.
What is climax?
Climax is a change in the physiology of the reproductive system of a woman, the involution of the organs responsible for childbearing. It directly depends on the hormonal background of the female body.
Since the functioning of many life support systems of a woman's body depends on the action of hormones, during menopause there are cardinal changes in their work, as well as a violation of metabolic processes.
Normally, the body moves to a new level of its functioning for several years. Adaptation to climacteric changes goes through the following stages:
Lasts from 45 years to the last menstruation.
Lasts for the completion of the menstrual cycle.
Lasts from the time of the final cessation of menstruation to the end of life.
Although each period is accompanied by certain symptoms, all changes occur consistently, and the body manages to adapt to them.
According to various sources, nature assigns a woman up to 10 years to adapt to climax. During this period, hormonal levels gradually decrease, the ability to bear children decreases and soon disappears completely. In the ovaries at this time, the membranes of the follicles are destroyed, their atresia occurs, oocytes die, they reduce the secretion of estrogen.
The connection of the ovaries with the hypothalamus decreases, this endocrine gland triggers the processes of changing the functions of many organs and systems. Stimulation of the pituitary gland is reduced, the release of luteinizing and follicle-stimulating hormone decreases. The decrease in their concentration leads to the cessation of mentations.
All women endure this difficult period in different ways. Approximately 80% have such negative symptoms as hot flashes, tachycardia, blood pressure surges. With a decrease in the action of estrogen, the condition of the skin and hair deteriorates. Hormonal deficiency leads to loss of bone mass, disruption of the cardiovascular system, dry mucous membranes.
Over time, the body adapts to the climax. Not at all, a woman endures artificial menopause, rapidly changing the hormonal balance of the body.
What may need to cause artificial menopause in women?
When a woman develops a reversible artificial menopause, there are no major changes in the ovaries. The functions of the ovaries remain unchanged, only the process of release of the egg from the follicle is inhibited. Changes in the uterus and other organs are caused by fluctuations in hormonal levels, but with the preservation of the reproductive organs, this process is reversible.
Hormone-dependent pathologies and conditions in which artificial climax is indicated:
Reducing the number of female sex hormones allows you to reduce the amount of fibroids and prepare for alternative treatments.
There is a complete elimination of foci of the endometrium in other organs and the recovery of the woman.
There is a regression of the cyst or a significant decrease in its volume.
Applied with IVF, introducing a woman into a state of hypoestrogenism, and then introducing a large dose of progestins for the simultaneous release of several eggs at once and increase the chances of successful implantation.
In the case of natural fertilization, artificial menopause, and then its abrupt cessation stimulates the rupture of the follicle and allows the egg to come out of it.
The method is used to reduce the volume of tumors, or, conversely, develops surgical menopause after removal of the ovaries.
This method has contraindications: thrombophlebitis, hepatitis and other liver diseases, lactation period, diseases of the cardiovascular system.
Methods of introducing women into artificial menopause
Depending on the purpose of using this method, various methods are used:
X-ray irradiation of the ovaries, is used for blood diseases, cancer of the pelvic organs. After irradiation, the work of the ovaries can be restored.
Ovariectomy, or a complete resection of the ovaries, is performed when malignant tumors of the reproductive organs and breast cancer appear.
A woman is given an analogue of the hormones of the hypothalamus (Buserelin, Goserelin, Zoladex, Diferelin, Triptorelin) in the form of injections or spraying in the nasal cavity. It is used in the treatment of infertility, fibroids, endometriosis, before IVF.
The latter method is the most benign, after it may complete recovery of ovarian function.
Climax after uterus removal
The most serious intervention in the physiology of the female body is surgical menopause, suddenly and completely stopping the production of hormones needed by the woman. Its effects are irreversible, manifest as early as the next day after surgery.
For medical reasons, only the uterus, only the ovaries, or the uterus with the ovaries can be removed. The latter method is most often used (hysterectomy together with oophorectomy).
Indications for removal of the uterus:
- Large fibroids,
- Ischemia of myoma node with necrotic changes,
- Malignant neoplasms of the uterus, ovaries and cervix,
- Ovarian cysts,
- Volume uterine bleeding.
If at least one ovary is preserved when the uterus is removed:
It will produce a small amount of estrogen. Since there is no endometrium, menstruation is absent, but lung menstrual-like discharge persists. In this situation, the climax after removal of the uterus comes on immediately, and about 5 years earlier than intended by nature.
If the ovaries are removed together with the uterus:
The woman fully feels the negative symptoms of menopause. In contrast to the natural situation, the body feels all the manifestations of menopause immediately - due to a sharp drop in the level of estrogen, an imbalance of the endocrine glands begins.
How surgical menopause manifests - symptoms:
- Tides up to 20-25 times a day
- Hyperhidrosis due to a violation of thermoregulation,
- Emotional disturbances (anxiety, aggressiveness, tearfulness, depression),
- Headache, dizziness, weakness,
- Drop in sex drive,
- Atrophic processes in the tissues of the urogenital system,
- Changes in lipid metabolism, increased cholesterol levels in the blood, disorders of the cardiovascular system,
- Loss of bone density, poor posture,
- The appearance of external signs of aging,
- The appearance of excess weight.
Recovery after artificial menopause
If artificial menopause is not associated with the removal of the uterus and ovaries, the menstrual function will in most cases recover. Hormone replacement therapy during treatment is not carried out to obtain a pronounced effect.
The ovaries begin their activity after the cessation of injections of drugs immediately, within 3-4 months, more often in 1.5-2 months. After a forced period of inactivity, the reproductive system is actively restored, the endometriosis foci are eliminated, the volume of tumors decreases.
In women treated for infertility, increases the likelihood of pregnancy. In most women, bleeding disappears between menstruation, and menstruation itself becomes more orderly. Reduction in libido and weight gain in most women does not occur.
How to get out of surgical menopause?
The intensity of the manifestations of surgical menopause depends on the individual characteristics of the organism and the age of the woman. Immediately after the removal of the uterus and ovaries, the doctor begins hormone replacement therapy. He selects drugs depending on the reason for the surgery:
- Основные лекарства на первом этапе содержат эстроген – это Дивигель, Прогинова, Эстрофем,
- При лечении эндометриоза используют комбинированные препараты – Дивина, Цикло-Прогинова, Климен, Трисеквенс,
- After removal of a malignant tumor, hormone therapy is prohibited, herbal medicine and homeopathy - Remens, Klimadinon, Klimaktoplan,
- When urogenital disorders apply Ovestin, Estriol.
Drugs are used in courses, the dosage is calculated by the attending physician. Even if there are no complaints, a woman needs to undergo a pelvic examination at least 2 times a year.
Using the positive effect of artificial menopause allows you to solve the serious problems of the female reproductive system. It is better to leave this state under the supervision of a physician.
Artificial induction of menopause
The provoked artificial menopause in women is accompanied by a sharp decrease in the concentration of estrogen. In this case, the girl fixes the formation of specific signs indicating the cessation of the reproductive system. The need for such a manipulation is due to the difficulty of the therapeutic process for such diseases as:
How to cause artificial menopause?
There are several methods to induce artificial menopause. Their selection is carried out on the basis of the obtained data of the survey and anamnesis: whether there are chronic processes in the reproductive system, inflammation. Talking about how to make an artificial menopause, doctors call the following methods of the procedure:
- Surgical. The most radical way. The goal is achieved by complete removal of the ovaries (oophorectomy). It is used for malignant tumors in the genital glands, uterus, breast cancer. The process is completely irreversible - a woman can no longer have children.
- Ray. With this method, the extinction of reproductive function and ovarian function is achieved as a result of x-ray irradiation of the glands themselves. Used in the treatment of malignant tumors in the uterus and in the ovaries. Changes in the gonads themselves are recognized as partially reversible: restoration of reproduction may occur, but not always.
- Medication. A common method used in the complex treatment. At the same time, drugs, analogues of hormonal substances of synthetic origin are introduced. After completing the course, the functions of the genital glands of the female body are fully restored.
Preparations for artificial menopause
In order to introduce the patient to this state, gonadotropin antagonists are used. Long-term use of these substances inhibits the synthesis of pituitary luteinizing hormone with follicle-stimulating. As a result, estradiol is reduced in the bloodstream. In the implementation of the manipulation using the following shots for artificial menopause:
The drugs are characterized by a long-lasting effect, so there is no need for their daily use. The administered dose of the drug is valid for 24-72 hours. In this case, the treatment regimen is drawn up individually. In addition, for the procedure can be used and:
- progestins - Norkolut,
- antigonadotropins - Danazol.
Can I get pregnant with artificial climax?
This issue is of interest to sexually active girls. Doctors explain that pregnancy, without leaving an artificial menopause, is unreal. The reproductive system is in such a state that ovulation does not occur. The concentration of drugs is maintained at a certain level, which completely eliminates this process. But it should be remembered that after the end of the medication you need to take care of contraception.
Pregnancy after artificial menopause
Restoration of menstrual after artificial menopause occurs 4-10 weeks after stopping the introduction of hormonal drugs. With regard to pregnancy planning, it may occur within 3-4 months. It is necessary to consider this fact, use contraceptives to avoid unwanted gestation. Doctors recommend the use of barrier methods, eliminating hormonal pills. This will help reduce the burden on the reproductive system. Pregnancy planning is controlled by a doctor who takes into account the state of the body, carries out tests for hormone levels, controls ovulatory processes, examines with the help of ultrasound.
Gardasil vaccine is used against human papillomavirus - one of the most common infections. The balanced composition of the vaccine stimulates the body’s own strength so that the immune system develops resistance to HPV.
Hormonal failure in women, symptoms, signs of which are expressed in different ways, occurs in each life. Its causes are diverse, often associated with physiological changes. Familiarize yourself with the first manifestations of the violation in order to consult a doctor in time.