The situation in which the monthly go two weeks should serve as a reason for a visit to the gynecologist. Often, it is precisely such a violation in the menstrual cycle that serves as a signal to the female body that a malfunction has occurred in the reproductive functions. The reproductive system includes many processes, including menstruation. Any changes in the cycle, such as an increase in the duration of periods, their delay or abundance - can be the first sign of disorders occurring in the body.
Why increase the duration
Increasing the duration of menstruation is considered one of the most common irregularities in the menstrual cycle. When such a deviation occurs, it is necessary to identify the causes of its occurrence, and the sooner this can be done, the more successful the treatment results will be. Normally, menstruation should not last more than five days, in rare cases it is allowed to continue for a week. When for unknown reasons, menstruation takes 2 weeks or longer, such deviations can be caused by different situations. Duration can increase in the absence of pathologies or caused by various diseases, as well as occur for natural reasons that do not require treatment and soon pass by themselves.
Exceptions to the general rules, when an increase in the period of menstruation occurs in the absence of pathologies, the following states can be considered:
- heredity, in which long periods are normal,
- menstruation after an abortion, as is the natural state of abortion,
- use of hormonal contraceptives,
- the use of mechanical means to prevent pregnancy in the form of an IUD and other implants,
- abundant periods are characteristic of menopause,
- in the period of formation of the menstrual cycle in adolescence,
- bleeding after childbirth, which is also considered normal.
Bleeding after childbirth is associated with the release of blood clots and placenta residues from the uterus. After cleaning the uterus, the bleeding naturally stops. In other cases, when menstruation lasts longer than normal, it is necessary to consult a doctor. Proper intervention of a gynecologist can provide effective assistance for long-term bleeding after an abortion, to reduce their duration during menopause and when using hormonal contraceptives.
Causes of long periods
The following reasons caused by external factors can lead to an increase in the duration of menstruation:
- increase in physical activity during sports or intensive work,
- long stay in stressful situations
- exhaustion after illness,
- obesity or overweight,
- strict diet
- period of adaptation to new climatic conditions of residence,
- intoxication of the body, obtained by excessive use of alcohol, nicotine, or the use of psychotropic drugs,
- diseases in the field of gynecology,
- not gynecological diseases.
Similar reasons, leading to the fact that the monthly go 2 weeks or longer - a temporary phenomenon. They can be eliminated only in the case when it is possible to get rid of the pathological conditions causing such changes. For example, such diseases can lead to an increase in the duration of menstruation:
- Monthly more than a week can be evidence of inflammatory processes occurring in the thyroid gland or pathologies in the endocrine system.
- Increasing the duration of menstruation can signal a violation of blood clotting processes.
Duration of menstruation more than a week is a sign of diseases developing in the reproductive organs:
- the formation of polyps
- development of endometriosis,
- uterine fibroids,
- inflammation of the appendages,
- cervical dysplasia,
- malignant neoplasms.
Under the influence of these pathologies in the reproductive system, women can develop long-lasting menstrual periods. Diseases such as leukemia, thrombocytopenia, or von Willebrand disease can lead to an increase in the duration of menstruation.
What to do to stop long periods
In cases where the menstruation lasts longer than usual, no need to guess at it or make unreasonable diagnoses to yourself.
Moreover, it is impossible to independently try to correct the situation with the help of pharmaceutical preparations. Such methods of treatment used in the wrong way can significantly harm health. In order for the treatment to bring positive results, it is necessary to conduct a preliminary examination, following which a specialist will be able to prescribe the necessary course of treatment. Such drugs as Ditsinon or Vikasol, can stop long-flowing menstruation, but they need to be used only after an ultrasound and the appointment of a specialist - a gynecologist.
If the examination by a gynecologist does not reveal any abnormalities in the genitals and the development of other diseases that can affect the menstrual cycle and lead to long-lasting menstrual periods, and such manifestations continue, then you should try to change your lifestyle. Sometimes it is enough to give up bad habits, to protect oneself from the effects of stress, to lose weight - and to remedy the situation in this essential way. Often, the duration of menstruation is affected by dietary restrictions and insufficient nutrients and vitamins that enter the body. Changing the diet, adjusting the mode of work and adequate rest, you can alleviate the condition and reduce the period of long-lasting menstruation.
The consequences of prolonged menstruation
Any abundant blood loss, and even more long-lasting menstruation, repeated monthly, can lead to serious consequences. This is primarily the development of iron deficiency anemia, when during menstruation a woman loses a lot of iron. Lack of iron leads to low hemoglobin in the blood and an insufficient supply of oxygen. All organs of the body suffer from such disorders, which causes numerous diseases.
Large blood loss during prolonged menstruation can lead to an exacerbation of chronic gynecological diseases. Symptoms such as nagging pain in the lower abdomen or lower back pain can be manifestations of serious diseases, such as the formation of polyps or endometrial hyperplasia. In these diseases, endometrial mucosa will grow to a much greater degree than usual. After rejection during menstruation, a greater number of blood vessels are damaged, and it takes a longer time to clean the uterus from mucous remnants. Therefore, the period of menstruation increases, at the same time with more abundant blood loss.
Increased blood loss can further lead to the formation of an ectopic pregnancy or cause miscarriage. Sometimes blood loss during menstruation can be so severe that it becomes life threatening for a woman and requires prompt help. Therefore, for long-term periods, first of all, the help of a doctor is required. The specialist will be able to determine what is required to correct the violation and what to do to replace the lost blood.
Depending on the condition of the body, the doctor prescribes a complex of vitamins and minerals necessary for the functioning of the organs and body systems. To prevent pathological processes, drugs can be prescribed that increase the tone of blood vessel walls and reduce the muscles of the uterus. To avoid the development of cancer as a result of prolonged bleeding in women during menopause, curettage with further hormonal therapy can be applied to them.
How can you independently support the body?
In order to compensate for blood loss by increasing the duration of menstruation, it is necessary to increase fluid intake. Use for this drink with gas is not desirable, since they can cause fermentation processes. As a result of the formation of gas, the intestines will exert unnecessary pressure on the uterus.
Women who have monthly periods of 2 weeks, it is necessary to ensure sufficient rest. During the period before the beginning of the monthly period, it is better to abandon the heating procedures, from going to the bath, massage, lifting heavy objects, that is, everything that can cause severe bleeding.
It is necessary to temporarily exclude products containing caffeine and alcoholic beverages, since such substances cause dilation of blood vessels and can contribute to prolonged menstruation.
During menstruation, you can try to apply cold to the stomach for a short time. To improve the condition, it is necessary to try to increase the proportion of foods consumed with a high iron content, as well as to take iron preparations.
Menstruation duration of two weeks, what causes
The device of the female and male body vary considerably. Women are much more dependent on the retention of hormonal balance. Deviation from the norm is fraught with bad health consequences. In order to save oneself from troubles, at the first manifestations of dysfunction of the urinogenital system, it is necessary to fix such cases by seeking advice from a specialist.
Monthly periods that last longer than the standard period, especially if they are abundant and last more than 12-14 days, deserve special attention among other signs of hormonal imbalance. The article details the main reasons for long periods, when menstruation lasts 2 weeks. You can also find answers to frequently asked questions: if the monthly go 2 weeks or more, what can be the physiological causes of such a problem and whether the monthly can go more than two weeks and be signs of pathology.
Causes of long periods, why do menstruations last so long?
Often women wonder why menstruation goes so long. There are many reasons for the appearance of long periods, but those periods when menstruation takes 1, 2 weeks have their own specific causes, and sometimes such symptoms in the form of very long periods are signs of pathology and the development of certain types of gynecological diseases. For a healthy female body, a normal period of menstrual bleeding ranges from three days to one week, so if menstruation goes 2 weeks or more, then this is most likely a sign of pathology or other, already physiological, causes of prolonged menstruation. In adolescents, the duration of this period may vary, but a year or two after the menarche, all stages of the menstrual cycle become permanent. There are situations when menstrual flow last more than 12 days. The primary danger in the event that the monthly do not stop for a long time is the loss of a significant volume of blood, especially if the bleeding is abundant and have clots in their composition. Therefore, it is important to know what periods, menstruation can be called abundant. Blood loss is considered abundant if there is a need to change the gasket more often than in 3-4 hours. Therefore, the amount of blood lost during long periods is the first thing to look for. And if scarce bleeding goes 2 weeks, then the causes of such vaginal discharge are most likely not dangerous, but in such a situation you should also see a gynecologist, as in the case when there were heavy menstrual periods that go 2 weeks and more days.
The causes of long periods
If the monthly go second week, then it is necessary to find out the reason for the appearance of such long periods. A long period of menstrual flow in medicine is called menorrhagia. It is studied at the scientific level by physicians around the world. There are many reasons why menstruation takes longer than usual, most often it is diseases that have arisen due to hormonal imbalance, and pathology in the uterus. The main problem of menorrhagia, from a medical point of view, is the loss of a significant amount of blood for the organism. Very often, discharge during menstruation goes from 3 days to a week, and in some cases, when certain disruptions occur in the female body, the discharge can last up to 10 days, in more serious cases, such discharge from the vagina can take a very long time, 2 weeks and more.
Why menstruation does not stop even after 2 weeks
As you know, too long periods that go more than 2 weeks, for example 3 weeks or more, are the result of the same reasons that the period lasts 12-14 days. Consider the reasons why the monthly go from 12 days to two weeks. One of the common causes of the onset of prolonged menstruation is the use of hormonal contraceptives. And if men often use barrier means of contraception, which does not affect their health, women to avoid conception are more likely to suppress the reproductive activity of the reproductive system with hormonal drugs. As a result, the duration of menstruation may vary, their duration becomes longer or shorter.
Based on the fact that the woman has an intrauterine device or she takes contraceptive drugs, the time frame for menstruation is shifted. In girls who use a spiral, they start abundant lengthy periods, when they take oral medications, their volume and duration are reduced, sometimes becoming simply smearing. The phenomenon of prolonged continuation of the menstrual period after the installation of the hormonal IUD (intrauterine device) can be perceived without fear if it repeats no more than one or two times and does not give the woman additional discomfort and pain.
What diseases cause long periods?
The hormonal background is also reflected in the change in the cycle duration. The imbalance often occurs during transition periods when the body is subjected to serious shocks uncharacteristic of its normal work, such as the onset of menstruation, setting up a cycle after pregnancy and childbirth, menopause. Such violations of the hormonal system are called failures, since they are temporary and cease after the body reaches the amount of hormones that balance the activity of the processes dependent on them. It is safe to affirm affirmatively about this reason for long periods only after receiving a respective expert opinion. For example, physiological disturbances can also affect the duration of menstruation. To check the work of this body should contact the gynecologist-endocrinologist. Menstruation can last for a long time due to poor blood clotting.
In addition, prolonged menstruation and bleeding from the vagina cause pathologies that may require more serious than hormonal regulation treatment. Among them are fibroids, polyps, endometriosis, adenomyosis and uterine cancer. The duration of menstrual flow is often a consequence of illness. This is due to a direct effect on the menstrual processes of the pituitary and hypothalamus. Therefore, the period of menstruation depends on the presence in the life of a woman of stress, problems with obesity, mental deviations, serious diseases, deviations that have arisen during the transitional age, and injuries. Food habits and lifestyle are also a factor. Passion for smoking or drinking affects the duration of menstruation as well as vitamin deficiency, which seems to be harmless at first glance. The structure of the cycle with a tendency to increase the duration of menstruation is changing in women after childbirth. In order not to make wrong conclusions about the reasons for the change in the duration of menstruation and not to harm the health, you need to make a visit to the gynecologist for examination and receiving recommendations.
What if the monthly go 2 weeks, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 days
In the event that the monthly go 2 weeks or more, the woman must necessarily seek the help of a gynecologist. For the fair sex, having the usual duration of the stages of the menstrual cycle, the allocation of a period of two weeks are at least a surprise. If menstruation takes 12 days, if menstruation takes 2 weeks, then such symptoms are a direct indication of the need to visit a gynecologist. The doctor examines and determines the cause of such behavior of the body, is assigned to the examination and treatment. It is extremely not recommended to be treated on your own, since the lack of a correct diagnosis and correct prescription of drugs places the entire responsibility for the negative consequences on the patient herself. The decision to independently determine the cause of the bleeding and eliminate its perceived causes is unambiguously harmful to health. Achieving a positive effect is like winning the lottery, in which an unsuccessful bet may have a cost of living.If the gynecologist has not identified any abnormalities or pathologies that could cause prolonged menstruation, the first thing a woman can help herself to restore balance is to take care of healthy food and get rid of bad habits.
What to do during long periods?
If a woman does not know why her period goes so long, why menstruation has not stopped for more than 2 weeks, then such symptoms can have such reasons as: lack of sleep, low-quality food, use of alcohol and nicotine separately and together can have a detrimental effect on hormonal balance. Metabolic disorders and overweight caused by it also harm the hormonal regulation of the reproductive system. Therefore, not only for the sake of pursuit of the ideals of beauty, but for the benefit of their own health, women are advised to control the amount of body fat through proper nutrition, move more, play sports. In addition, it will help to adjust the work of the heart, the musculoskeletal system and improve well-being in general, especially if a woman is engaged in sedentary work.
Summing up, we note that a painful course of menstruation and large blood loss can be affected by an abortion, miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy. To exclude diseases with the duration of menstruation more than 12 days, you should consult a doctor. With an increase in the duration of the cycle due to long periods of more than a week, you should visit a gynecologist. Possible causes of the disorder may be gynecological diseases or thyroid dysfunction. Unsuitable for the body contraceptives, the consequence of which are failures in the cycle should be replaced, after consulting with your doctor. Gynecological diseases, which can cause bleeding, are an undeniable reason to visit a gynecologist. In any of the cases described, self-medication is absolutely contraindicated.
For a start it is worth saying what is monthly and how much they should continue in a healthy woman. Menstruation is the process of rejection and release of the endometrium from the reproductive organ. It begins in the case when fertilization has not occurred, and the pregnancy has not occurred.
Menstruation begins at about 10-16 years. Similar discharge occurs every month and lasts from 3 to 7 days. With the onset of menopause, the menstrual cycle is stopped and the woman notes that the monthly discharge disappears. All this is a variant of the norm.
Some women have to deal with the pathology when menstruation does not come on time or is very scarce. It is worth noting that this phenomenon is not normal. In this case, you should rather contact your gynecologist for examination.
Also sometimes there are situations when menstruation does not stop. Why it happens? There are several reasons for medicine that can affect the menstrual cycle and lengthen the bleeding period. In some cases, heavy menstruation does not require medical intervention. But if this phenomenon is repeated regularly, then it is necessary to conduct an examination and correction.
What to do if menstruation does not stop?
Depending on the cause of the pathology, the treatment method may be different. Consider the most common reasons why menstruation is already 15 days, what to do with it? It should be noted that the choice of a specific treatment strategy should be carried out exclusively by a gynecologist. Never do the correction yourself.
First reason: unsteady cycle
Why do menstruations last long? Monthly go 15 days and longer in the case when the cycle has not yet fully settled. If the first menstruation began relatively recently (up to two years), then this phenomenon may be a variant of the norm.
If a young girl has a period of 15 days, what should be done? First of all, you should make sure that the bleeding is not abundant. If there is a slight daub, then you only need to wait for the moment when the cycle is established. However, it is necessary to inform the doctor about such problems. The doctor may recommend a small examination.
The second reason: hormonal diseases
Some women come to the gynecologist with the following problem: the menstruation is the 15th day. Why it happens? Often the cause of the pathology is hormonal imbalance. In this case, diseases such as endometriosis, polycystic disease and others may occur.
If a hormonal disease is detected and menstruation is already 15 days, what to do in this case? For a start it is worth being examined. Most likely, the doctor will give you a referral to certain tests that can detect the level of hormones in the body. After that, you can start the correction.
If the hormonal failure is insignificant, then conservative therapy will be enough, during which you will take drugs that improve the work of the ovaries. These include the following drugs: "Janine", "Logest", "Novinet" and others.
When endometriosis or polycystic is detected, surgical treatment is often prescribed. But in the absence of additional symptoms of the disease, a waiting period can be chosen.
If hormonal disruption occurred due to thyroid disease, then the organ should be examined. You may be prescribed medication to compensate for the lack of iodine in the body. These drugs include "iodomarin".
The third reason: the wrong contraception.
If your period is already 14 days or this problem bothers you for a longer period, then there is a chance that your contraceptive method is chosen incorrectly. Often, bleeding occurs on the background of oral hormonal medications or because of the intrauterine device.
If there is a pathology, what to do? Monthly go 2 weeks with the use of contraceptive pills. In this case, it is worthwhile to understand the duration of the hormone treatment. If you have just started using this method of protection, then such a restructuring of the body is possible. It should be borne in mind how abundant the selection. In some cases, the doctor may replace the drug or even prohibit the use of this method of protection.
When using intrauterine devices, it is necessary to make ultrasound diagnostics during prolonged periods. Very often, this pathology arises from the fact that the tool simply does not fit a woman. In this case, the doctor immediately removes the helix from the woman’s body and selects an alternative way to protect her from unwanted pregnancy.
The fourth reason: a pathological pregnancy
Often monthly go up to two weeks and longer in the event of a pathological pregnancy. In this case, the ovum is fastened not inside the genital organ, but in the tube or ovary. Less commonly, the embryo remains in the abdominal cavity.
Also, with the threat of termination of a normal pregnancy, bleeding may occur, which lasts a very long time.
What to do if during pregnancy began menstruation, and they go two weeks? To get started is to find out the cause of pathology. Diagnostics is carried out using an ultrasound device.
In an ectopic pregnancy, a woman is urgently referred for surgical treatment, during which the embryo is removed. With the threat of interruption of a normally developing pregnancy, a woman is given complete rest and bed rest. Also preserving drugs are prescribed. These include the following: "Utrozhestan", "Progesterone", "Duphaston". In case of severe bleeding, it is recommended to drink special medications. Most often it is "Ditsinon" or "Tranexam", but sometimes other drugs are prescribed.
With prolonged and severe bleeding during pregnancy, the fetus may be expelled from the uterus. In this case, the woman is recommended to carry out diagnostic curettage of the cavity of the genital organ.
Fifth reason: blood diseases
Prolonged periods, which last two weeks or more, can be caused by certain pathologies of the circulatory system. In this case, most often in the body of a woman there are not enough platelets that block bleeding vessels.
Most often, with heavy periods, which last more than two weeks, the representative of the weaker sex begins to feel not very good. In this case, the patient is placed in a hospital and the treatment is already there.
At the same time, drugs such as Tranexam, Dexamethasone, Water Pepper Extract, Vikasol and others are prescribed. Also be sure to take a blood test and determine the number of platelets. Upon receipt of certain results, treatment can be canceled.
If the bleeding does not stop and in this case, then the woman is sent for scraping. Sometimes the endometrium grows into the muscle layer of the uterus and cannot separate on its own. Cleaning while not only solves the issue with protracted menstrual periods, but also acts as a diagnostic pathology.
The sixth reason: the defeat of the cervix and cervical canal
Another reason why menstruation can last up to two weeks is in erosion, a polyp or cervical cyst.
If bleeding erosion is detected, then a diagnostic colposcopy is performed first. After that, the treatment method is selected. Erosion can be eliminated by cauterization. For women who have not given birth, sparing drugs are chosen, for example, Solcovagin. Those women who are not going to have children any more can be treated with electrical appliances.
A polyp or cyst of the cervix requires urgent removal, especially if bleeding has occurred. In this case, the doctor conducts an extension of the reproductive canal under local anesthesia and extracts the pathological formation.
Monthly more than 7 days - menorrhagia
If the duration of menstruation is more than 7 days, this phenomenon is called menorrhagia. This can be a symptom of hormonal disruptions or various pathologies of the reproductive system, most often - tumors or inflammatory diseases.
- at the first menstruation during puberty,
- first menstruation during recovery after childbirth and abortion.
In both cases, the woman’s health should be monitored by a doctor.
When the monthly go two weeks, it is very dangerous not only because of the likely disease. Abundant prolonged discharge is fraught with significant blood loss and anemia (as their main consequence).
The reasons why the monthly go 2 weeks:
- pathological conditions of the uterus and cervix,
- hormonal disorders provoked by ovarian dysfunction,
- blood diseases
- incorrect medical interventions.
For more information about the causes of prolonged menstruation, you can read in a separate article on our website.
Polyps are benign neoplasms on the cervix or body of the uterus. There may be one or several arise as a result of hormonal imbalance or a complication of the inflammatory process.
Since uterine polyps are formed from the mucous tissue of the endometrium, their structure is loose, and the cells are essentially the same as those that come out during menstruation, but have gone through a process of hyperplasia. These growths bleed, which leads to a change in the duration of menstruation - in addition to the rejected endometrium, the cells of the polyps also come out.
The body of the uterus consists of 3 types of tissue: muscular, protective and mucous.
Sometimes due to various reasons, the mucous tissue (endometrium) begins to grow abnormally and penetrate into the protective and muscular layers, while the uterus becomes spherical in shape.
Until the late stages, this disease can be asymptomatic. When it is launched, eloquent manifestations are:
- pronounced pain during menstruation,
- lengthy discharge. Menstruation does not stop after a week, may be brown and scanty or rich red shades.
This pathology is a serious gynecological disease that must be treated. We recommend you to read additional information about what is adenomyosis and how to treat it.
Leiomyomas are called benign tumors. Their main features are:
- frequent periods, appearing with a time interval of less than 3 weeks,
- heavy blood loss during critical days,
- menstrual bleeding that last longer than a week
- bleeding bright red.
In order to prevent blood loss, it is necessary to know the basic hemostatic drugs with heavy menstruation. About them in detail, our article on the site.
Hyperplasia and malignancy
Menstrual bleeding, lasting 14 days or more, is a reason to contact a gynecologist as soon as possible, because they can be a symptom of such processes as:
- hyperplasia - abnormal proliferation of endometrial cells,
- malignancy - the formation of malignant tissue from healthy or benign.
If the monthly go more than two weeks, it can be caused by health problems not only sexual, but also the circulatory system. So, the main symptom of coagulopathy is poor blood clotting, which is expressed by bleeding of the internal organs and skin.
The disease may be congenital or arising from therapy with drugs that disrupt the adhesion of platelets, as well as as a result of hormonal disruptions.
The reason why the menstruation takes longer, can be a hormonal disorder caused by ovarian dysfunction.
When an egg cell does not mature and does not enter the fallopian tube during ovulation, a yellow body does not form, the main function of which is to secrete sex hormones. Their normal production regulates the growth of the endometrium, which is rejected in the form of bleeding during critical days.
If it fails, when estrogen and progesterone are not excreted by the corpus luteum, the mucous tissue of the uterus continues to grow, and with anovulatory menstruation, much more blood is released.
In addition to these diseases, menstrual periods lasting two weeks provoke factors related to medical intervention:
- therapy with hormonal drugs
- change or start taking oral contraceptives,
- installation of intrauterine device.
In all these cases, the condition of the woman should be monitored by a specialist.
Help at home
When the monthly go is already 15 days, it is important to know what to do:
- Stop reaching menstruation using available methods: pills or decoctions of herbs that block the bleeding. All drugs should be taken only on prescription. In case of an urgent need to use the medicine, you must follow all the instructions given in the instructions for use.
- Immediately contact a gynecologist for a detailed examination. Modern diagnostic methods can be carried out if monthly. The main thing is that it does not affect the results.
Menstruation lasting more than a week is a good reason to visit a gynecologist, because most of the pathologies that cause bleeding are asymptomatic for a long time.
Why go long?
How to stop the monthly if they go for a long time, and is it necessary to do it? First you need to understand the reasons. The duration of menstruation can be affected by diseases of different nature, and emotional causes.
Consider the most common causes of long critical days:
- hormonal imbalance: the cause may be in progesterone deficiency, it is this hormone that is responsible for stopping menstruation,
- problems with the endocrine system: in some cases, one can blame the lack of proper nutrition and healthy food, excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages, coffee, or a passion for nicotine,
- diseases of the reproductive system: if there is a question how to stop menstruation, if they have already begun and continue for a very long time, it is worth examining for the presence of cysts, dysfunction and other gynecological problems,
- stress and emotional instability,
- weight problems: overweight or, on the contrary, exhaustion,
- previous surgery,
- the onset of menopause.
The duration of the menstrual cycle is normal
How to stop menstruation?
Monthly normal should be no more than 5, a maximum of 7 days. If the discharge is very abundant and lasts longer - this is the reason to immediately go to the doctor.
The doctor will conduct an examination and tell you how to stop the period and whether it is necessary. Self-treatment in this case is an unwarranted risk and can lead to undesirable consequences in the form of chronic diseases or the inability to become pregnant in the future.
In addition, the desire to stop the monthly urgently at home can contribute to the endometrium remaining in the uterine cavity, and this is a direct way to the beginning of the inflammatory process.
However, there are ways to bring the menstrual cycle back to normal.
Consider how to stop the abundant menstruation, lasting longer than the allotted time:
- The use of hormonal contraceptives. Such drugs not only prevent unwanted pregnancy, but also normalize the whole cycle. Menstruation comes at the right time, regularly and lasts as long as necessary.
- A healthy and regular sex life has a positive effect on the entire body of a woman, including the work of the reproductive organs.
- Moderate exercise is also recommended as a way to bring the cycle back to normal.
- Proper nutrition.It is recommended to use only healthy foods. You should not get involved in strict diets, the diet should be varied and complete in terms of the content of proteins, fats, carbohydrates and vitamins.
The most effective way to stop menstruation at home is still medication. They can be purchased at the pharmacy, but only upon doctor's prescription, since hemostatic drugs for menstruation have a lot of contraindications.
An effective way to shorten your period is to take medications that promote it. No need to look for complex recipes and components, to spend time on preparation, it is enough to purchase a ready-made product in a pharmacy. But before taking hemostatic drugs for periods, it would be good to make sure that they do not cause allergies, as well as to find out the list of contraindications.
Oral contraception allows not only to stop the monthly, but also to delay their onset. To do this, after completing one package of contraceptives, immediately start the second one without a break. However, this way you can use no more than two months. Menstruation will begin only after the woman stops drinking the pills.
To stop the monthly urgently at home, you can use special medications. However, they can lead to such a side effect as the complete absence of menstruation or its delay:
- Duphaston. Often, if you have problems with menstruation, doctors prescribe Duphaston. This is a hormonal drug that contributes to an increase in progesterone in a woman's body. As a result, by taking it, you can cause a delay in menstruation, since progesterone affects late endometrial rejection in the uterus. The dosage is prescribed by the doctor depending on the diagnosis. Duphaston prescribed for endometriosis, endometrial hyperplasia, excessive production of estrogen. A side effect may be a scanty or brown daub.
- Norcolut. The drug is able to delay menstruation. He is appointed in the complete absence of menstruation, menstrual disorders, as well as with strong pain.
- Ditsinon. Medication with hemostatic effect. It thickens the blood, contributes to the rapid formation of platelets. It is used not only for problems with menstruation, but also for operations and bleeding of various kinds. For women, it is indicated for excessively abundant and prolonged menstruation.
- Vikasol. Also hemostatic drug, which contains in its composition a large amount of vitamin K. It is the latter that is required by the body for the normal process of blood coagulation.
- Tranexam. The drug contains tranexamic acid, which has the ability to clot the blood. Through the use of the drug can make menstruation shorter. Also Tranexam helps to reduce pain, reduces inflammation.
- Etamzilat. Etamzilat is also prescribed for prolonged and excessively abundant secretions, as it makes blood viscosity higher.
Why go brown after menstruation after a week? Read in the article about the reasons, such discharge is the norm or pathology, is it dangerous and what should a woman do.
What are the first signs of pregnancy before a monthly delay? Detailed link.
Methods of traditional medicine
Sometimes it is worth referring to the methods of traditional medicine, complementing the main treatment with them or using them as an independent therapy. But in any case, you need to consult a doctor.
Infusion of nettle to stop menstruation
So, effective means:
- Lemon. This fruit is suitable for stopping long periods. In this case, the woman should not have a gastrointestinal disease or problems with teeth. To stop heavy discharge, you need to eat one lemon with the addition of honey or sugar. It is believed that a large amount of vitamin C in the body has a hemostatic effect.
- Nettle. The plant also helps with long periods. Cooking recipe: make an infusion - 1 tablespoon of herbs pour a glass of boiling water. The tool has a good effect for problems with menstruation.
In the video about stopping menstruation
Before asking how to stop menstruation, you should find out the reason for their abundance or excessive duration. And this can only be done by a doctor after an examination. Therefore, in case of violations of the cycle, it is necessary to go for a consultation, this will help preserve women's health and feel good.
Monthly two weeks: causes and consequences
A female organism is a complex, but at the same time quite fragile harmonious system, the work of which needs to be constantly monitored. In this system, there are many different processes that include the menstrual cycle. Most often it is the monthly become an indicator that the body has failed.
What is the menstrual cycle?
The menstrual cycle (menstruation) is the period when a rejection of the inner layer of the uterus occurs in a woman’s body. Each month, in the form of bleeding, the remains of the layer leave the body through a hole in the vagina.
A normal menstrual cycle lasts no more than 5 (rarely 7) days.
But it also happens that menstruation goes much longer than the allotted time - a week or more, this should be a reason for visiting female consultation. Any violation of the menstrual cycle, whether it is an increase in the duration of the duration or, conversely, a delay can be a sign of a violation of the body.
What is hidden behind long periods?
When, for some unknown reason, menstruation goes much longer than usual, a question arises before a woman: is it dangerous? The answer is obvious, since an increase in the duration of menstruation can result in:
- to blood loss
- to health problems, up to the formation of malignant tumors,
Causes of an increase in the menstrual cycle
If menstruation lasts the second week, you should think about the possible causes of irregular menstruation. It can be anything, so only a gynecologist can diagnose the true cause. Consider the most common causes of prolonged menstruation.
- Contraception. Menstruation, which lasts more than a week, is possible when installing intrauterine devices or when taking hormonal contraception by oral means. When the spiral is established, the monthly periods are abundant and have a watery consistency. When taking medication, menstruation resembles smearing. Monthly, which go the second week - the normal situation for several cycles after the start of the reception / installation of contraceptives. If during 3 cycles the situation has not changed, you should think about changing the types of contraception, after consulting with a gynecologist.
- One of the reasons for the increase in the duration of menstruation to two weeks can be a hormonal disorder. Generally, so-called transition periods fall into this category:
- first menstruation,
- first periods after childbirth,
- first menstruation after abortion,
- Also, the following external factors may affect the duration of menstruation:
- increased physical activity
- tight diets
- adaptation period during climate change,
- poisoning the body with alcohol, nicotine psychotropic drugs,
- gynecological diseases
- non-gynecological reasons
Undoubtedly, this phenomenon is temporary, but before you draw any conclusions, you should visit the antenatal clinic.
- endometrial polyps,
- malignant tumors
If the monthly go two weeks or a month, what to do?
The female body is the most complex and finely tuned mechanism, where everything works like a clock, and all internal rules are strictly followed. If even a minor, seemingly, malfunction occurs, it is necessary to consult a doctor. And the first wake-up call is a change in the nature of the monthly. If the amount of discharge has changed or the period goes for more than two weeks - it's time to sound the alarm.
The normal duration of menstruation is 3-7 days, with regard to bleeding. These are the boundaries that are defined for most women. Duration is established in the first two or three years after the first menstruation, and should fit into these terms. However, if we consider that the female body is an unpredictable thing, which is governed by many different factors, then a moderately prolonged menstruation can be accepted as the norm.
What is lingering menstruation and where is the danger in long periods?
The first danger is blood loss, especially if the discharge is abundant (clots are present, every three hours you need to change the gasket and tampons do not help at all), painful.
The second danger is serious health problems, including miscarriage and life-threatening inflammation.
Causes of long periods
- Prevention methods
Prolonged periods can be triggered by the installation of an intrauterine device, taking oral hormonal contraceptives. The nature of the discharge depends on the method of contraception - from the helix of extraction abundant, from the pills are scarce and similar to smears. In this case, the doctor warns in advance about this side effect, also specifying that this is possible in the first two cycles. If the side effects continue to the third cycle - without delay, go to the doctor.
- Hormonal imbalance. associated with the transition period, may cause. first menstruation, menstruation after childbirth. after completion of breastfeeding, menopause. However, it should be remembered that this is a temporary phenomenon and, despite the simplicity of the possible causes, the doctor should establish the true reason, as well as the possible treatment.
- Endocrine system
Prolonged menstruation can cause pathology of the endocrine system, thyroid disease. It is recommended to visit the endocrinologist every six months to avoid such problems.
- Anemia or poor blood clotting cause long and heavy periods. Also, the allocation of varying degrees of intensity, can be caused by serious diseases of the cervix and genital organs. up to cancer.
Be attentive to your female health and take care of the gift of Heaven - the opportunity to give a new life.
Monthly more than a month
Menstrual bleeding for more than two weeks, especially for a month, is a serious disturbance in the body and a reason to look in to a gynecologist.
Bleeding of this kind can no longer be called menstrual, it is a dysfunctional uterine bleeding and there are many reasons for it, as well as age periods. This may be teenage, unstable years, childbearing age and menopause. In girls, this is usually a violation of the “hypothalamus-pituitary-ovaries” system, in women of childbearing age, causes lie in the inflammation of the genital organs, in women during menopause, a violation of the regulation of menstruation.
The main symptoms of dysfunctional bleeding
- The alternation of menstruation and bleeding, discharge more than 1-2 months.
- Signs of anemia - weakness, pallor, fainting, blood lightening.
- Carefully monitor the occurrence of dysfunctional bleeding after abortion. miscarriage, with uterine myoma. blood diseases, after ectopic pregnancy, inflammation of the appendages and other diseases of the reproductive organs.
Treatment of this condition
The treatment has two goals: to stop blood loss and prevent its recurrence.
The bleeding stops are achieved in two ways - hormonal preparations and curettage. In women during menopause, treatment begins with curettage, in order to eliminate the risk of cancer. However, as in women of childbearing age, but depending on the nature of bleeding, their duration and structure. After that, hormones are prescribed. In girls, the situation is reversed, they are prescribed hormones and only if they do not help, then do scraping.
In addition to hormone therapy, other treatments can also be used. Assign physiotherapy, intramuscularly non-hormonal drugs, vitamin therapy.
As prevention of recurrent bleeding, it is necessary to conduct a hormonal adjustment of the cycle, usually they are combined with anti-inflammatory drugs and therapies for concomitant diseases.
Be attentive to your health and do not neglect visits to specialists.
Attention, only TODAY!
Menstruation more than three weeks, what to do, how to stop?
Not. most likely it is not menstruation, critical days usually last from 3 to 7 days. no more. Perhaps this other violations in the gynecological field.
Violations may be associated with ovarian functions or hormonal disturbances in the woman’s body, possibly due to stressful situations.
If the bleeding lasts about 3 weeks, for any need hospitalization, not the usual treatment, but. will be better. if you go to a paid clinic.
Yes, usually in such situations. prescribed by a doctor "ditsinon". but - ditsinon does not always give a result, so that there is a more effective result, you need a comprehensive treatment: Calcium Gluconate or another herb - for example "nettle".
question author chose this answer as the best
I had it. Stopped only doctors. That you have problems with the second phase of the cycle - it does not start at all, you can not stop it. It is necessary to clean the uterus. This is done by doctors, the procedure is a bit like an abortion.
My strong recommendation is that you need not just a gynecologist, but a gynecologist - an endocrinologist. Because after stopping you will need to drink hormones.
For several years I helped, and then I stopped, my tincture of celandine. Just juice celandine, without alcohol. First drink 1 drop, then 2 drops, 3 drops, etc. up to 30 drops, and then downward. Just enough for two terms, then a month break, and again. I drank so 3 years.
add favorite link thank
Do you have bleeding that lasts for 3 weeks, and you go to the doctor on a schedule? If I were you, I would have my feet in my hands and run to the doctor, regardless of when the next appointment was made for me. Although, if such a doctor, it would be even better to turn to another.
With a bleeding length of 3 weeks, they are put in a hospital under an IV line and, depending on the result of the examination, they decide whether to perform the operation or not. Do not wait for the consequences that can not be reversed call an ambulance or run to the doctors.
add favorite link thank
During menstruation, even for 5-7 days a woman loses a lot of blood and feels weak and three weeks, in my opinion, is dangerous.
A doctor must see to eliminate any unnecessary reason for you. be sure to drink vitamins with iron and eat well.
If you have such a feature of the body, it also happens, then usually, on the advice of a doctor, they drink droplets for better blood clotting to reduce the number of these days. there is natural nettle.
Usually, if they assume long-term, then they begin to drink after the third day of menstruation. It cuts them down.
Natalia Evgenievna Pokhodilova
Psychologist, Kinesiologist Online consultant. Specialist from the website b17.ru
It was. Went to China. Climate change and time zones - voila, the body reacted with a crash. In general, if there is no recession, it may well be bleeding, and here the reasons are really different.
urgently to the doctor, it may be bleeding, from him by the way die
My mom hasn't stopped a year now. It was many times at the gynecologist, he prescribes pills, did not help. Then he was sent to the operation, it did not help, as if it was not done. Then again, pills, shots, again does not help. Now again the pills and soon again at the reception. Medicine Germany, by the way.
urgently to the doctor, it may be bleeding, from him by the way die
I have such a garbage-diagnosis of endometriosis, is treated with hormonal drugs. Do not worry, nothing terrible)
My sister did not finish her period and there were strong discharges, went to the doctor, stopped with herbs, helped, then prescribed the pills, the cycle returned to normal. You urgently need a gynecologist!
I had this after a medical abortion. How voupili and went for two weeks in a row, and then the whole 2 months they were not. Well, it's all right now
My month's flu fell on me. Usually they go 5-7 days, and here already 10 days in the form of a daub. I think that this is due to the flu. I do not know what to do. Do not want to go to the doctors. Healers cripples can make things worse. I'll wait a little longer. If according to the calendar it turns out that the monthly periods are 15 days, I will probably go to the doctor.
I have this month. Monthly flu. In the first month went earlier than usual, in the second go two weeks. I svayazyvayu it with the flu
and I have only 2 days to go, and that is very scarce (
I associate my two weekly periods with the flu. a strong tearing cough after which the whole stomach hurts as if the press was pumping ,, temperature. it's all stress for the body. And the menstrual process is so fragile. even with physical exertion and stress, it can stray in the direction of elongation or decrease. not to mention the flu. influenza is poisoning the body with toxins, the waste products of the virus. so it is necessary to treat the flu then the problem with menstruation will pass.I also connect my failure of the menstrual cycle with the fact that I carry a niece on my hands and she weighs 10 kilograms for sure. I stopped her to carry and less discharge. toli flu passes. In general today is the 13th day. then a few days of daubing is abundant, then daubing is abundant. But the bleeding is not similar. Smell of menstruation and clots. And the blood in color is not the same as from a finger. That is, menstrual, but it is darker and more specific by smell.
I have already flowed at day 10, I wake up every morning with the hope that I have no blood, and I get upset every time I see a gasket, called an ambulance, then I was taken to the ward, the gynecologist burnt me first, like a menstrual disorder, examined my ovary enlarged I supposedly have a cyst. I did not write anything out and did not stop the bleeding even with the help of a dropper. He said go for ultrasound and hand over hormone analysis, without any direction. And this is not a small amount of money, and so long as these analyzes are ready, I will pour out the whole blood.
urgently to the doctor, it may be bleeding, from him by the way die
Definitely, you need to go to the gynecologist and make an intravaginal ultrasound. In my case, for example, menstruation significantly lengthened with the appearance of fibroids several years ago - up to 7 days. Six months ago there was a hormonal failure, menstruation went 2 weeks, then disappeared for 3 months. The cause, of course, was stress, but myoma "contributed": it grows and deforms the uterine wall. Half of my age mates (I am 43) have fibroids, and by this age the monthly periods are lengthened. Recently, a friend went to the hospital, she was cleaned - the bleeding did not stop even after the prescribed treatment for 3 weeks (also myoma). I want to share my way to deal with this problem. Pills were also prescribed to be taken during menstruation, but they did without them; I drink nettle infusion during the menstruation period (at one time the doctor advised me in the complex treatment after surgery), I brew a bag in the morning, I insist on tea for 15 minutes, I drink it for a day. Result: menstruation is not as intense, it takes 4-5 days, hemoglobin is normal (there was always anemia before, it took Fenuls on these days). BUT: there are contraindications: nettle should not be used for those who have problems with blood clotting ("thick" blood), varicose veins, thrombophlebitis, hypertension. And be sure to be observed by a doctor.
Sorry, I forgot to write: I put a bag of nettles on 1 cup of boiling water, I drink 1/3 cup before eating, the glass goes off in a day.
If more than a week goes by, the onco gynecologist should immediately go.
First, do an ultrasound vaginal and immediately to the gynecologist. If he disproves oncology, you can be treated with other gynecologists.
Sorry, I forgot to write: I put a bag of nettles on 1 cup of boiling water, I drink 1/3 cup before eating, the glass goes off in a day.
I had this after a medical abortion. How voupili and went for two weeks in a row, and then the whole 2 months they were not. Well, it's all right now
and I have only 2 days to go, and that is very scarce (
I had this after a medical abortion. How voupili and went for two weeks in a row, and then the whole 2 months they were not. Well, it's all right now
How should be normal
The average duration of the menstrual cycle is 28 days, but changes from 21 to 35 days are allowed. For the period of menstruation, most women have four to five days, but bleeding that lasts three days or extended to seven days is not considered pathological. It is important that this interval be the same every month.
Menstrual secretions are a mixture of separated endometrium, cervical mucus, vaginal flora, which are washed out with blood. This is the final stage of changes in the endometrium, which was preparing for the onset of pregnancy.
Hormonal regulation of menstruation is a decrease in the level of progesterone, which leads to spasm and desolation of the endometrial vessels. The blood thus accumulates between it and the wall of the uterus and gradually exfoliates the mucous membrane. It does not withstand pressure and is washed away with blood.
Why the bleeding does not stop
Prolonged menstruation can be an episodic phenomenon or go to the regular discharge. This leads to the development of anemia, worsens the general condition. The causes of prolonged menstruation may be the following states:
- uterine fibroids,
- endometrial polyp,
- physical exercise,
- endometrial hyperplasia,
- climate change,
- intrauterine device,
- urinary tract infections
- blood coagulation pathologies,
- hormonal failure during menopause.
The exact reason for the increase in the duration or volume of menstruation can only establish a doctor. For this you need to pass a comprehensive examination.
How to stop the monthly, and why it is needed
Sometimes women are looking for a way to stop menstruation at home, not only with heavy discharge. Sportswomen resort to such techniques on the eve of important competitions, ballerinas. Some want to delay the onset of "these days" or speed up their completion if a wedding, a spouse coming from a business trip, some kind of examination or operation is expected. (During menstruation, blood loss is higher than in other periods of life).
Therefore, women use methods to quickly stop menstruation or increase the duration of the cycle. Medicine has drugs that are capable of it. There are appropriate folk remedies.
Methods of official medicine
Some drugs have the property to reduce the intensity of bleeding, accelerate blood clotting. They can be used at home, but it is better to consult with your doctor beforehand: each drug has its own contraindications. There are the following tablets stopping monthly.
- Etamzilat. The drug is used not only to stop menstrual bleeding. The mechanism of action is based on stimulating the formation of platelets and their release from the bone marrow. The maximum effect develops three hours after ingestion. If there is a tendency to heavy menstruation, then already five days before the intended first day, you can start taking one or two tablets three times a day. Continue the course until the fifth day of the new cycle. In cases where menstruation does not stop, the doctor may prescribe Etamzilat injections into the muscle either intravenously or a course of tablets from the day of the treatment until the end of the menstruation.
- Vikasol. Vitamin K is one of the coagulation factors, and Vikasol is its synthetic analogue. Increases blood clotting due to enhanced synthesis of specific coagulation proteins. Take the drug inside one or two tablets a day for three to four days. After that, a break is required. A longer intake can lead to hemolytic anemia, an increase in bilirubin in the blood.
- Tranexam. The drug inhibits fibrinolysis - does not allow the fibrin strands that form the framework for a blood clot at the site of bleeding to disintegrate. The maximum concentration in the blood is reached in three hours, and the effect is maintained for 17 hours. Tablets are available in dosages of 250 and 500 mg. To stop menstruation, 1000-1500 mg is prescribed three to four times a day. The duration of treatment is three to four days.
- Combined contraceptives (COCs). You can stop strong periods using COCOs. Often this method is used in adolescents. Hormones in the composition of the drug lead to hemostasis after 12-24 hours. Contraceptive pills take four to six pieces a day at regular intervals. When the bleeding stops, the dose is reduced daily by one pill. Reaching one tablet per day, continue to use the medicine for up to 21 days of the cycle. After that, take a break for seven days, and then it is recommended to start taking COCS again. If hormonal hemostasis was ineffective, then resort to the surgical method.
- Nonsteroidal agents. "Analgin", "Ibuprofen", in addition to the analgesic effect, can slightly reduce the bleeding during menstruation. For some women, they help reduce the bleeding time by a few days.
Sometimes drugs are used that prevent the onset of menstruation or do not allow it to be abundant.
- KOKI. The mechanism of action of oral contraceptives is based on blocking ovulation. The tablets are taken on a course of 21 days, after which they take a break for seven days. During it, menstrual bleeding occurs. If you do not take a break, and immediately begin the next pack of pills, then the bleeding will not start. This effect is used in the treatment of certain gynecological pathologies. Even regular use of COCs in the recommended dosage leads to a decrease in blood loss, a reduction in the length of prolonged menstruation.
- "Duphaston". Progestins are effective in stopping profuse bleeding. In an acute situation, they are used one tablet of 10 mg once a day in a course of ten days. To warn abundant periods, they take a cycle of 21 days with a break for a week. The volume of menstruation is reduced by 15-30%.
- Mirena. The intrauterine hormonal system will help stop menstruation during menopause. The action of the gestagen component is distributed locally, which reduces bleeding to light three-day discharge. This remedy is also effective in the presence of fibroids, endometrial hyperplasia and endometriosis.
- Gonadoliberin. If endometriosis is the cause of a large volume of menstruation, then in preparation for surgical treatment, a drug can be used that blocks ovarian function and causes a temporary, reversible menopause. In this case, the monthly disappear not forever, but only for the duration of treatment. Apply "Goserelin", "Buserelin".
If the bleeding is not critical, then you can stop the monthly folk remedies. Hemostatic effect have such herbs:
Medicinal products can be prepared using the following recipes.
- Nettle decoction. Mix four tablespoons of dry nettle and 500 ml of boiling water, hold for five minutes and wrap for a couple of hours. Then strain. The resulting broth is divided into three parts and drink during the day. The course begins two to three days before the expected menstruation.
- Broth parsley. You can get from 40 g of fresh leaves, brewed 250 ml of boiling water. Take half a cup before meals twice a day. But with caution used in the pathology of the gallbladder, kidney disease.
- Water pepper extract. Pharmacies sell ready-made tincture, which is easier to use than to prepare yourself. For the course of treatment, it is necessary to take 20-30 drops three times a day before meals. The drug helps to stop the monthly period, which lasted for several days.
- Extract of yarrow. The pharmacy network has a spirit tincture of yarrow, which is taken 40 drops three times a day. You can independently prepare a water infusion of 15 g of grass and 200 ml of boiling water. Hold the mixture in a water bath for 10-15 minutes, then gradually cool. Store in the refrigerator, using three to four times a day for a tablespoon.
Causes of heavy menstruation are most often associated with hormonal imbalances. Therefore, to stop the bleeding during menstruation, protracted more than the position, neither plots nor herbs are capable of. Folk remedies can only help as a supplement to the treatment prescribed by the doctor, or in mild cases. In order for the situation to be repairable, if you experience unpleasant symptoms, you should consult a doctor and not self-medicate.
Responses: "It is wrong to interfere with natural process"
I believe that it is wrong to interfere with the natural process. Do not change, and even more to stop the monthly. My sister often used pills to stop the onset of menstruation, although the doctor warned her about the negative consequences. Vitoge she then had to be treated for infertility for a long time.
At one time, after the hormonal ring, I also had to stop the bleeding. Monthly lasted much longer than usual (more than 10 days). At first she saw hemostatic charges (she bought them in a pharmacy in bags) and brewed herbs herself. It did not help, then Vikasol added to herbal medicine. As a result, on the 5-6th day of treatment, the bleeding stopped.
A decoction of nettle instead of tea, these days without meat and a couple of glasses of fresh citrus juice. Someone helps someone who does not, but definitely does not harm.
Baba Ira: http://www.woman.ru/health/woman-health/thread/4467457/
Vikasol helps, suspends, noticeably less discharge. I have 6 days to go, if I start taking 2, on the 5th day there is almost nothing at all. Of course, it is not useful, but if necessary, 1 time is possible, no problem .. I take 2-3 tablets per day, for a maximum of 2 days. and say nettle stops very well.
I, on the advice of the gynecologist, saw dicinone to stop the bleeding, for menstruation, nettle extract was used to reduce the quantity of secretions, you can still try ascorutin, it cannot be said that it is harmful.
Causes of two weeks of discharge
In medicine, prolonged regulations are called menorrhagia. Normally, the monthly should go no more than 7 days, if the bleeding was prolonged, it means that the body has failed. A cycle is influenced by many factors, both internal and external. Any negative changes are reflected in scanty or long-lasting regulations.
If the menstruation period is two weeks, the reasons for such a failure should be determined by the doctor; self-diagnosis will not be possible.
Blood with clots may indicate an ectopic pregnancy when the fetus develops outside the uterus or the risk of miscarriage. Most often prolonged menstruation occurs for such reasons:
- Long-term use of contraceptives - the hormones contained in such preparations provoke surges, because of which the regulators can be delayed. Some birth control pills are not suitable for women or they are not taken correctly. This is accompanied by a sudden bleeding that lasts more than the usual period.
- Hormonal imbalance - failures can begin after the first periods, childbirth or in the period of a menopause. Maturing girl often faces hormonal disorders. The cycle is only set, so the bleeding goes longer than usual. After giving birth, the woman breastfeeds the baby, so that the milk arrives, a lot of prolactin is produced in the body, due to which the regulae are lengthened. During menopause, menstruation may be present if the patient has pathological disorders of the uterine lining.
- Malfunction of the endocrine system - Often violations occur due to the appearance of nodes on the thyroid gland, changes in cholesterol and insulin levels. In this case, you need to visit an endocrinologist and make an ultrasound, otherwise there may be consequences in the form of a disease of the mammary glands.
- Uterine myoma - The diagnosis suggests that a benign formation has appeared inside the uterus. The state of danger of the possibility of new bleeding, after just past regul.
- Ovarian dysfunction - The ovaries are actively involved in the normalization of the cycle, so their incorrect operation leads to failures. Stressful situations, obesity, climate change violate ovarian function, but diseases that provoke a hormonal imbalance have a more serious effect on them. These include infertility, premenstrual syndrome, amenorrhea, etc.
- Endometriosis - the disease is an abnormal proliferation of uterine lining cells. Often the pathology goes without a trace, but a woman may complain of pain in the lower abdomen and during sex, menstruation, infertility and menorrhagia.
- Blood diseases - a decrease in the rate of platelets and clotting. Platelets are responsible for stopping the blood, if there are few of them, the regulula is lengthened.
- Inflammatory pathologies - adnexitis, endometritis and specific diseases of the genital organs often cause menorrhagia. The process is accompanied by pain in the pelvic region, fever and various secretions. Chronic inflammation causes infertility.
- Hyperplasia - cell division with increased speed. Because of this, polyps appear, if there are a lot of them, the regulators go two weeks or more.
- Malignant tumors - symptoms are usually hidden, they appear after some time. Bleeding is the first sign of cancer.
Emotional shock and stress often cause prolonged bleeding.
To exclude dangerous pathologies, it is necessary to pass smears and hormone tests, make an ultrasound.
Symptoms for various disorders
To highlight the main signs of violations, you need to know how much is normal monthly. They should go no more than 1 week, while abundant discharge of blood is possible only in the first days. If the regs go longer than the prescribed time, and blood loss reaches 150 ml, it is necessary to see a doctor.
The main symptoms of disorders include:
- Lower abdominal and pelvic pain,
- Copious or scanty menses,
- The appearance of atypical secretions
- Intermenstrual bleeding,
- Increased body temperature.
Regulators lasting more than 2 weeks in an increased amount are dangerous to the health of a woman. Sometimes they are difficult to distinguish from uterine bleeding, therefore, the patient needs urgent diagnosis. Only after this the doctor will make a diagnosis and prescribe treatment.
To determine abnormalities, the doctor should apply additional studies.Since the gynecological examination on the chair is not enough, in the practice of using instrumental and laboratory research, it is:
- Biochemical examination of blood for hormones,
- Bacteriological seeding,
After the results are obtained, the doctor can talk about the presence of pathological causes of lengthening regul.
Usually, all diseases can be easily treated, the main thing is not to start the situation and contact the clinic in time.
If no pathologies were identified during the diagnosis, the patient needs to think about the normalization of lifestyle. Detected diseases are treated without fail as it is impossible to cope with the problem on your own. To restore the cycle you need to eat right, avoid stress, give up bad habits, play sports and eliminate excess weight. The correct way of life ensures the elimination of long regulation, and also minimizes the occurrence of pathologies in the future.
Drug correction is indicated for the detection of gynecological diseases. Drugs are prescribed only by a doctor after diagnosis. The main therapy consists of the use of such drugs:
- Trace elements and vitamins,
- Hormonal contraceptives,
- Antibiotics for infectious pathologies.
To reduce the regulations, Dicineon and Vikasol are often prescribed. You cannot take any medications yourself. Some drugs are dangerous to women's health, so they should appoint only a specialist.
Tumor diseases and inflammations that spread to the entire peritoneum require an operation. Depending on the disease, use such methods:
- Hysteroscopic - needed to clarify the diagnosis or removal of polyps, fibroids, hyperplastic endometrium, etc. The device is inserted through the vagina, on average, microsurgery lasts 20-30 minutes.
- Laparoscopic - a modern method in which the device is introduced through small holes.
- From open access - the doctor makes incisions and produces treatment.
The treatment program is selected individually, usually the operation is not required, it is enough to normalize the lifestyle.
The duration of menstruation is influenced by internal and external factors. To restore the cycle they take various drugs, but much depends on the woman herself. To avoid deviations, you need to adhere to these rules:
- It is desirable to lead an active lifestyle. You can go to the gym or fitness, a moderate load has a positive effect on metabolism,
- Avoid stress and emotional turmoil
- Follow the diet - do not need to eat too much fatty foods and abuse diets. A fasting often provokes anemia, in which menstruation is accompanied by pain and the release of clots,
- During the regulation you should refuse to visit the solarium, baths and saunas, it is better to take a warm shower,
- When menstruation can not be abused alcohol and smoking. Bad habits greatly increase the discharge of blood.
Prevention is not a panacea for all diseases, but some will still help to avoid. If menstruation has been going on for more than 2 weeks, immediately see a gynecologist and, if necessary, be treated so that in the future there are no serious health problems.
Menstruation duration of two weeks. What reasons
Prolonged monthly bleeding, which is called menorrhagia in gynecology, is primarily fraught with loss of a considerable amount of blood for the body. Every additional day of the month leads to dehydration.
The reasons that the monthly go every 2 weeks can be:
- Female use of contraceptives. Some hormonal drugs increase the duration of critical days.
- Wearing an intrauterine device. The use of the IUD prolongs the number of menstruation days.
- Hormonal problems. In girls with an unstable cycle, sometimes there is prolonged menstruation. Bleeding during critical days may increase in women who have recently become mothers, in those who breastfeed or at the beginning of menopause.
- Malfunction of the endocrine organs. In some cases, additional examination of the thyroid gland is required: consultation with a specialist and ultrasound. Causes of prolonged bleeding sometimes lie in the appearance of nodes on the thyroid gland, changes in the level of insulin, cholesterol.
- Gynecological diseases, including benign and malignant neoplasms.
- Diseases of the blood. Thus, by reducing the rate of platelet production, blood clotting is disturbed, and the duration of menstruation increases.
- Stressful situations and emotional stress. Sometimes increased emotional irritability, anxiety and depression can lead to certain disorders.
Factors that affect the normal cycle
A normal monthly cycle is the period between menstruation in 27-30 days or 21-35 with a duration of discharge from 3 to 8 days. The average daily volume of bleeding is 50-100 ml, while a woman usually changes 3-4 pads.
There are a number of factors affecting the continuation of the cycle:
- Increased physical activity.
- Excess weight.
- Exhaustion of the body due to a rigid diet or starvation.
- Adaptation of the body when changing the climate zone.
- Intoxication with nicotine, alcohol, psychotropic drugs.
- Getting injured.
- Infectious diseases.
If 2 weeks go monthly, this may be a sign of a disease such as adenomyosis. Inflammation appears in the muscles of the uterus due to germination of the mucous membrane (endometrium) in the muscle layer.
Bleeding for a period of two weeks is indicative of the presence of uterine fibroids - a benign tumor. This disease occurs quite often, even women who have not given birth are susceptible to it. Moreover, if the monthly only completed, fibroids can trigger the onset of a new bleeding.
One of the most serious reasons for prolonged critical days is a malignant tumor of the uterus, the first visible sign of which is an abundant long-term bleeding. Other symptoms of cancer may appear later, so you need to carefully monitor the state of health and at the first deviations from the norm go to a hospital.
When it's time to see a doctor
Monthly duration of more than 14 days is especially dangerous if they are accompanied by heavy discharge. Therefore, it is necessary to contact the medical institution immediately to find out what the reason was for the two-month period that lasted.
The doctor after collecting the history will know what this may be caused. The gynecologist will conduct a thorough examination, as a result of which a thick or thick uterus, which is enlarged in size, may appear, sometimes with knots, which is characteristic of fibroids or tumors.
After examining the cervix with a mirror, a specialist can identify its pathological changes.