Every woman every month asks the question “What is all this to me for?”, And this is not only a matter of irritability, constant nervousness, or the need to use hygiene products. Quite often, representatives of the beautiful half of humanity await with horror the arrival of a new menstruation, as pain appears with them.
Experts have found that with the onset of menstruation, about 40-60% of women experience a pronounced feeling of discomfort in the lower abdomen. For this reason, there is a generally accepted opinion that painful periods are quite acceptable and normal.
In fact, pain during menstruation is a real pathology. Through pain, the body tries to point to an organ that works with impairments. Even if the pain is insignificant, and quite tolerable, it is better to consult a specialist, and not expect it to end.
One of the frequently asked questions that doctors hear, "What pain pills for menstruation is best?". Unfortunately, a single drug for the relief of menstrual pain does not exist. In many ways, due to the fact that each female body is individual. Only after examining and passing the necessary tests, you can establish the root cause of the problem and reduce its manifestation by groups of selected drugs.
Spastic cramping pain in the lower abdomen, often due to spasm of the smooth muscles of certain organs, and during the onset of menstruation it comes to spasms of the muscular layer of the uterus. They occur due to the significant influence of hormonal substances - prostaglandins, which are actively synthesized by the body. Painkillers, antispasmodic pills, do an excellent job with smooth muscle spasms and relieve pain. These drugs can be drunk independently, but only in limited quantities strictly according to the instructions or prescribed by the doctor. The list of antispasmodics include:
- Papaverine - this drug can be found in tablet form or in suppositories. Tablets should be drunk a maximum of 4 times a day, and candles are used up to 3 times. It is not advisable to use for glaucoma, severe renal failure.
- No-shpa (the main component - Drotaverinum). Tablets No-shpa can be taken 2-3 times a day, or only twice, if the drug is called No-shpa Forte with an increased dosage. Also, it can be found in the form of vials for injections; the time of injections should be determined by the doctor. Banned in case of severe pathologies of the heart, internal organs, lactose intolerance. No-shpa is not recommended for women during breastfeeding. To relieve pain during menstruation, you can use the drug analogues: Spazmonet, Spakovin, Unispaz.
- Halidor (the main active ingredient is Bentsiklan). These pills have all the properties of an antispasmodic, and a light sedative. Apply a maximum of 3 tablets per day.
- Buscopan (the main active ingredient is Hyoscine butyl bromide). Available in the form of tablets and candles. Tablets are shown to drink 3 times a day, and candles are used 4 times a day. They are not prescribed to patients with myasthenia, glaucoma, suffering from pulmonary edema, cerebral atherosclerosis.
All painkillers from the group of antispasmodics, which are used during menstruation, have a number of side effects in the form of headaches and dizziness, disruption of the gastrointestinal tract (diarrhea, nausea), allergies to certain components of the tablets.
This group of drugs, which are often taken to relieve menstruation, include: Baralgin, Analgin, Spazmalgon, etc. Tablets for relieving the seizures of menstrual pain in the lower abdomen may contain Metamizole sodium in combination with Pitofenon: Maksigan, Revalgin, Spazgan, Spasmalgon.
Girls and women who experience monthly problems should not have problems with which pills to take for pain relief. Modern medicine and pharmacology, offer a lot of drugs to reduce the intensity of unpleasant manifestations of menstruation: from antispasmodics and painkillers (Ibuprofen and No-spa) to combined oral contraceptives that affect the hormonal balance.
Pain during menstruation
Women are forced to change the normal, usual way of their life pain during menstruation. Often people do not know how to get rid of them, calm them down. The syndrome may occur in different parts of the body. The reasons for its development can be affected by:
- female reproductive system
- lower back.
The stomach hurts during menstruation.
There are several reasons why lower abdominal pain during menstruation:
- Hormonal changes. An increase in prostaglandin concentration provokes uterine contractions. Moreover, the more of these elements in the hormonal set, the more intensively the body moves, the lower abdomen hurts.
- Unusual position of the uterus. This organ may be deflected backward, exerting pressure on the nerve ends. If a teenager, girl or woman has such a womb position, she will experience discomfort.
- Uterine contractions. The period of menstruation is characterized by a change in the endometrium. Older cells must leave the body. For this purpose, they are expelled by means of contractions of smooth muscles. The process can cause pain.
The loin hurts at monthly
The main reasons why the lower back hurts during menstruation are:
- Pressure on the nerve roots through the curvature of the uterus back.
- Infections of sexually transmitted diseases, which are accompanied by inflammatory processes.
- The increase in pressure on the spine and lumbar muscles associated with failure in the ratio of water and salt, accompanied by an increase in body weight.
- Occurred in the uterine cavity after suffering adhesions, which prevent the timely withdrawal of secretions.
- The process of purification from outdated mucous membranes, which consists in strong contractions of the organ, irritation of the nerve endings.
Headache with menstruation
Sometimes girls suffer from headache during menstruation or during the period of PMS. By its nature, discomfort is strong, pulsating. This symptom is explained by narrowing and a sharp expansion of the vessels of the brain. Head on critical days can hurt a lot for several reasons:
- A change in the composition of hormones can have an effect on the processes occurring in the vessels, so a large number of women feel acute discomfort in the lower abdomen.
- Failure in the water-salt balance can lead to a slight swelling of brain tissue.
Pain tablets for menstruation
Pills can help with menstruation when a head, loin or abdomen is sore. Medicine provides 3 groups of drugs to get rid of pain:
Antispasmodics. Medicines will help to cope with uterine cramps, reduce pain. The following drugs can be classified as popular category drugs:
- No-shpa - relaxes muscle tissue, contributes to the accumulation of mucus. Taking an antispasmodic will help shorten the duration of menstruation, but the discharge will be abundant.
- Papaverine is an excellent drug for women who do not know what to do with discomfort. It combines the action of analgesic and antispasmodic, soothes muscle contractions.
- Spasmalgon - reduces uterine tone and smooth muscle spasms, has analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect.
- Buscopan is another option how to get rid of pain during menstruation. The medicine fights spastic uterine contractions, which are characteristic of this period.
Many ladies are interested in whether Analgin helps? Pills of this type will remove weakness, nausea, fever. The most popular are analgesics with the following names:
Anti-inflammatory drugs. Medicines are a reliable method for alleviating pain during menstruation. Use them required in the premenstrual period. Due to its effect, the pills will be able to prevent the problem, but they can not be used for stomach ulcers. On the pharmacy shelves you can find these drugs:
- Diclofenac (pills or suppositories),
Pain relief during menstruation
The use of pain relief during menstruation is based on the application of heat. Traditional medicine exploits a heating pad for this, however, a strip of fabric glued to a part of the body is more convenient. How to get rid of severe pain during menstruation? The use of warming procedures sometimes acts more effectively than tablets, therefore the answer to the question of whether it is possible to warm the stomach is positive. There are several companies that produce novelties in the form of thermoplaster specifically for critical days:
Pain candles for menstruation
The fair sex, who do not want to drink pills, fit candles from the pain during menstruation. The drugs act locally, relieving pain and relieving inflammation. They are easily introduced due to the creamy structure. Among the popular tools are the following:
- Paracetamol - have an analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect. Candles should be used several times a day, following the four-hour interval between treatments, so as not to harm the body.
- Tsefekon D - has the same active ingredient, relieves inflammation, menstrual pain syndrome. It will help to ease menstruation headaches and pain in the reproductive system.
How to relieve pain during menstruation without pills
If a woman is allergic to medications, the question of what to do and how to relieve pain during menstruation without pills is especially important for her. For painful menstruation, alternative medicine can help:
- Acupuncture is an oriental method of how to get rid of abdominal pain during menstruation. You can use it only with the help of a competent specialist.
- Infusions, decoctions of herbs can be taken and prepared independently.
- Warming up - an effective option, how to get rid of pain during menstruation.
Folk remedies for pain during menstruation
Help eliminate the discomfort, without harming the body, can folk remedies for pain during menstruation:
- Pour 0.2 liters of boiling water 1 tsp. root devyasila. Cover the container with a lid, leave for about 60 minutes. Drink decoction is required three times a day for 30 g. When the discomfort begins to pass, reduce the frequency of intake.
- A quick way to get rid of abdominal pain during menstruation is infusion of horsetail. Fill with boiling water (0.3 l) 1 tbsp. l raw materials, leave for 1 hour. You need to drink 50 mg each with an interval of 60 minutes.
Causes of painful menstruation
Primary dysmenorrhea is more common in adolescent girls and nulliparous patients. Its causes are rooted in heredity, poor nutrition, lack of sexuality and its irregularity.
Condition during menstruation worsen several more factors:
- Uterus bend.
- Underdevelopment of the genitals.
- Hormonal disorders.
- The use of intrauterine device.
- Postpartum period.
- Incorrect location of internal genital organs.
Secondary dysmenorrhea develops on the background of diseases of the pelvic organs and gynecological disorders of an inflammatory nature. Pain accompanied by copious secretions with clots.
A strong painkiller does not help here, because the pain subsides for a short time, then it will resume, and will cause anxiety until the end of menstruation.
Drinking pain pills is effective only for primary dysmenorrhea. In the second case, to eliminate pain in the days of menstruation, you first need to be examined and receive an appropriate course of treatment.
Can I take painkillers for menstruation, and which
When choosing a painkiller during menstruation, it is necessary to pay attention to the mechanism of drug action.
Some medications stop moderate pain, others can suppress strong attacks. To cope with menstrual pain pills will help moderate.
Stronger drugs can also be taken. However, later, when the pain is unbearable, they will be ineffective. The body, accustomed to powerful painkillers, will continue to respond only to injections or the most powerful pills. If weak medicines are saved from pain, it is enough to confine them and not switch to strong medicines.
Analgesics - the weakest remedies - will help to remove the usual menstrual abdominal pain.
Opioid drugs contain narcotic components and are addictive. Take them without the knowledge of the doctor and violate the dosage is prohibited. Such drugs act instantly. The best option is non-steroid drugs - they affect the problem focus and permanently eliminate discomfort.
Antispasmodic drugs are useful for pains in the lower abdomen, which are caused by contraction of the muscles of the uterus. Spasm is due to the effects of prostaglandins, which are actively released on critical days. Antispasmodic pills relieve smooth muscle spasms and relieve pain. Their independent use is allowed in strict compliance with the instructions.
Below is a list with prices of popular painkillers that help with menstruation:
- Analgin - 30 rubles.
- Paracetamol - 10 rubles.
- Ibuprofen - 15 rubles.
- Drotaverin - 15 rubles.
- Piroxicam - 40 rubles.
- Ketolong - 20 rubles.
These funds are inexpensive and safe - with monthly they can be used constantly when pain is concerned.
No-shpa is among the inexpensive effective remedies for menstrual pain. Take the drug 1 - 2 days or until the complete disappearance of discomfort. Tablets go well with other antispasmodics.
Review of effective pain relief tablets for menstruation
Let us consider in more detail each group of funds so that you understand what painkillers you can drink during your period.
First, try to make yourself feel better with a warm water bottle (put it on your stomach) or hot tea with brandy or balsam. Lie down in bed and take a comfortable pose. If all else fails, open the first-aid kit.
Preparations from the group of nonsteroids suppress the inflammatory process and relieve pain. In order to treat dysmenorrhea, they begin to be taken 2 to 3 days before menstruation.
Usually they are prescribed to patients who refuse hormonal drugs and do not even take contraceptives. Another option - the presence of contraindications to hormone therapy.
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory tablets for menstrual pain, the name may be different:
- Paracetamol is effective for mild / moderate pain. You can take up to 4 times per day. Contraindications - alcohol dependence, pathology of the liver and kidneys.
- Ibuprofen - reduces the frequency of contractions of the uterus, reduces the pressure in its cavity. Tablets drink after meals 3 - 4 times a day. Contraindications for Ibuprofen are hemophilia, GAL, liver or kidney failure, asthma, duodenal ulcer.
- Diclofenac - inhibits prostaglandin synthesis. You can take 3 times a day. Contraindications - asthma, inflammatory processes in the gastrointestinal tract, ulcer. Analogues - Rapten, Voltaren, Naklofen, Sanfink, Diklovit.
- Naproxen - with dysmenorrhea taken twice a day. Contraindications - lactation, spasms of the bronchi, ulcers in the organs of the digestive system. Analogs - Pronaksen, Sanaprox, Apranax, Nalgezin.
- Ketoprofen - like Diclofenac inhibits the production of prostaglandin and affects the contractile function of the uterus. Take pills / capsules 2 - 4 times a day. Analogues of Ketoprofen - Flamax, Dexalgin and Ketonal. Contraindications - hemophilia, ulcerative colitis, inflammatory diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, abnormal liver function, kidney.
Despite the contraindications, Ibuprofen and Paracetamol are considered the safest non-steroid drugs. You can get rid of menstrual pain by taking combination medications containing paracetamol and ibuprofen - Hyrumat, Next, Brustan, Ibuklin.
Metamizole Sodium Drugs
Metamizole sodium contains such medications as:
In order to eliminate dysmenorrhea, tablets are drunk three times a day. On metamizole sodium, doctors have found contraindications in the form of lactation, asthma, kidney and liver diseases, and those pathologies that worsen blood formation.
The most powerful painkillers
In case of unbearable menstrual pain, a strong painkiller can be administered in the form of tablets and suppositories. Suppositories affect only the gynecological field. Doctors prescribe Miralgan, Meksalen, Tylenol, Baralgin, Efferalgan, Akamol-Teva.
The list of the most powerful tablets for dysmenorrhea includes:
Quite often, women under stress and irritable patients with loosened nervous systems complain of painful periods. They are shown decoctions of medicinal herbs. Lemon balm, oregano, wormwood, buckthorn, St. John's wort, pine wood, chamomile, mint have a soothing effect.
Analgesic pills for the treatment of dysmenorrhea in girls
In young girls in the menarche stage, menstruation is often painful. Им обезболивающие таблетки нужно начинать пить за 2 – 3 дня до начала кровотечения.
Безопасны для девочек нестероидные препараты с ибупрофеном. Действуют они очень быстро – облегчение наступает уже через 15 минут после употребления лекарства.
In case of painful periods, pain relief tablets can be given to the teenager as follows:
If at the right time these drugs are not at home, you can drink Paracetamol. Permissible dosage for adolescent girls is 1 - 3 tablets per day.
Paracetamol is taken initially 2 days before bleeding and another 2 to 3 days during the menstrual period so that the total duration of treatment does not exceed 5 days. The last days of the month are more easily tolerated. There is no need to drink medicine.
If a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agent did not work, the girl is given Analgin. The sphere of influence of the drug - pain receptors. The discomfort goes away almost instantly. During the day it is allowed to take no more than 3 tablets of Analgin.
Prevention of menstrual pain
To reduce pain in the lower abdomen during menstruation, it is necessary to revise the diet.
Before the beginning of the month should refrain from dairy and meat food or limit its consumption. Instead of tea and coffee it is useful to drink fresh vegetable juices, especially carrot, beet and squeezed parsley. For the prevention of dysmenorrhea, you can feed the body with vitamins E and B, magnesium and calcium.
Monthly will go without problems if the girl goes in for sports or yoga. But even a simple morning exercise or stretching exercises can alleviate the condition. It is also necessary to increase stress resistance.
P.S. But if no measures help to overcome dysmenorrhea or the state of health during menstruation is very bad, it is better to refuse taking pills. An urgent need to consult a doctor and establish the root cause of painful periods.
Remember that dysmenorrhea is congenital and acquired. Uncontrolled blockage of pain is fraught with the emergence of new health problems.
The severity of pain during menstruation
Often, PMS symptoms cause poor health. If the stomach hurts during menstruation, there is a need to take medicine.
The discomfort experienced on critical days can be pulling, tingling, and spastic. He usually makes himself known a few days before the onset of menstruation. For pain in the abdomen during menstruation often take painkillers.
Depending on the severity of pain, there are 3 degrees of menstrual discomfort:
- Weak. The pain that occurs in the lower abdomen is not strong and pronounced. It does not interfere with the usual flow of life.
- Average. The intensity of the pain increases. There may be a feeling of nausea and dizziness. Body temperature slightly decreases. The instability of the psycho-emotional state is observed.
- Strong. The pain spreads throughout the body. There is a need to drink pills from menstruation. Symptoms such as vomiting, headache, fever and weakness are possible. This is the cause of the depressed state of women.
The systematic occurrence of such unpleasant symptoms as nausea, vomiting, severe pain, felt in different parts of the body, may indicate gynecological diseases.
Dysmenorrhea - the norm or reason to consult a doctor
The term dysmenorrhea is a systematically occurring pathological process, which is characterized by the presence of severe pain during the period of critical days.
Virtually every woman suffers from the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome. But such a phenomenon as dysmenorrhea does not occur in all. This process is divided into 2 groups: primary and secondary.
Primary dysmenorrhea is characteristic of adolescent girls and women who have not given birth. The main cause of its occurrence is hereditary predisposition. Drug treatment in this case is not a necessity. To get rid of the problem, you need to eat right, exercise regularly.
Pain relievers during menstruation are necessary for those who manifest secondary dysmenorrhea. This process can not be called normal, because its course indicates the presence of gynecological pathology.
It usually occurs due to pelvic disease and inflammatory processes in the genitals.
Pain in this pathological phenomenon is accompanied by abundant bloody discharge. To understand which analgesic stops the menstrual discomfort better, you need to get acquainted with a variety of drugs intended for this.
A doctor should be consulted if:
- Painkillers do not help.
- Menstrual pain is unbearable.
- Nausea and vomiting occur regularly during menstruation.
- Abundant bleeding does not stop more than 5 days.
- There are clots in the discharge.
Painkillers can be drunk during menstruation, which are accompanied by pulling discomfort in the ovaries, nausea, vomiting and other unpleasant symptoms.
Non-steroidal agents have an analgesic effect on the body. It is better to drink them at the beginning of menstruation, when the discomfort did not become pronounced. Such analgesics during menstruation is recommended to take in the morning.
For lower abdominal pains that occur on critical days, it is recommended to drink:
- Ibuprofen, Nurofen. To stop pain, you need to drink from 2 to 6 tablets of one of these drugs.
- Nimesil. This is a very strong painkiller, which begins to act quickly, getting into the stomach. The powder eliminates the unpleasant sensations for more than 7 hours, therefore, to improve your well-being, it is enough to drink 1 sachet per day.
- Analgin. To get rid of the discomfort that occurs in the lower abdomen, the medicine must be drunk every 4–5 hours.
- Dexalgin. Nonsteroidal anesthetic drug in the form of tablets and ampoules is released. To get rid of menstrual pain with this medicine, you need to take it three times a day for 25 mg.
- Ketorol. This effective pain killer should be taken with caution. Doctors recommend drinking it only with secondary dysmenorrhea.
How to take painkillers, so as not to harm health
Taking pain pills for menstruation, you need to follow a number of important rules. First, on critical days, it is recommended to stick to a diet. According to experts, the use of kefir at night helps to reduce pain sensitivity in this period. It is recommended to eat foods containing calcium and magnesium.
Secondly, women who drink non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are recommended to use them with Omeprazole, a proton pump inhibitor. A single dose of the drug - 20 mg. You need to take 1 hour before the NSAID tablet.
Thirdly, it is necessary to take Ketorol for relief of pain with caution, as it is addictive and has a toxic effect on the kidneys. For these reasons, it is not recommended for systematic use.
Before taking any medication designed to relieve pain during menstruation, you should carefully read the instructions attached to it.
And finally, the main rule: women who have any health problems should consult a doctor before using pain pills. This is especially true of those who suffer from diseases of the digestive system organs.
Completely eliminate discomfort in secondary dysmenorrhea is unrealistic. You can improve your health a little with the help of anesthetic medicines. To get rid of this unpleasant problem, you need to cure its root cause.
How to get rid of pain forever
The best prevention of dysmenorrhea is a regular gynecological examination. You need to visit a specialist annually, and women who experience secondary dysmenorrhea every month.
If the unpleasant symptoms of critical days regularly make themselves felt, you need to undergo a medical examination. To diagnose the cause of poor health during menstruation, an ultrasound of the pelvic organs should be done and a smear should be submitted for analysis.
Irregular severe pain in the lower abdomen can be caused by inflammation in the genitals. Adhesions in the pelvis are treated with antibiotics. In this case, the pain tablet for menstruation, which the doctor prescribes, will be Wobenzym. It is taken three times a day, 3 tablets. The recommended course of treatment is 21 days. It should be noted that the drug helps to numb the lower abdomen only during the “fresh” adhesive process.
Types of pain and their causes
Pain during menstruation is different in nature: aching, spasmodic, pulling, tingling. Given the intensity of the symptoms that appear, doctors distinguish between 3 degrees of pain:
- moderate with the appearance of weak discomfort in the lower abdomen, which do not cause much discomfort,
- the average with the manifestation of more intense growing sensations leading to the breakdown of the usual course of life: nausea, dizziness, instability of the psyche, a tendency to depression,
- strong with brighter sensations in the lower abdomen, ranging from a spasm of smooth muscles and to recoil in the sacrum, fever, weakness, depression, depression, vomiting, indisposition.
The most common cause of menstrual pain is primary dysmenorrhea in girls. Reason of dysmenorrhea:
- lack of intimate life,
- poor nutrition,
- hereditary factor
- previous abortion, curettage of the uterus,
- irregular sex life
- use of intrauterine device, other contraceptives,
- hormonal imbalance.
Usually the pain appears mild, not pronounced and quickly passes. Although in some cases even painkillers are not able to eliminate the trouble. But with constant manifestations of secondary dysmenorrhea, women are advised to undergo a full examination. High probability of serious abnormalities in the body.
Only a specialist can indicate an effective treatment for painful menstruation and which pills help. Reckless use of questionable painkillers may aggravate the situation, leading to poisoning of the body. The following symptoms cannot be ignored with the onset of painful menstruation:
- upset stool
- indomitable vomiting,
- increased blood discharge with clots,
- severe pain, interfering with even walking, doing usual things.
If the pills to reduce pain do not help or give only a short-term effect, then this is a reason to see a gynecologist.
Ways to relieve pain during menstruation
Many teenage girls (13-14 years old) begin to complain of discomfort with the arrival of critical days, the appearance of discharge in 2-3 days. Of course, you can drink a nonsteroidal drug to relieve spasm, inflammation (Naproxen, Indomethacin, Diclofenac, Ketoprofen, Ibuprofen, Paracetamol). But it happens that non-steroids become useless, only dull the pain.
Drugs injections are more effective from pain. Immediately spread through the blood, suppress spasms: Lidocaine, Ketonal, Ibuprofen, Analgin, Diclofenac. Also candles (Efferalgan, Akamol-Teva) - the safest form of release of painkillers, not able to cause harm to the body due to the provision of local action directly on the reproductive system.
REFERENCE! Doctors do not advise taking pain pills for acute pain in menstruation for more than 5 days. This form of the drug does not act immediately, produces a short-lasting effect, is addictive and has many side effects (diarrhea, gastrointestinal disorders). If possible, it is better not to take potent drugs, to limit ourselves to simple elementary ways and to know how to alleviate pain during menstruation without pills.
The following manipulations will help to relieve abdominal cramps during painful periods.
- Lie on your side, bend your knees chest, clasping his hands. To fix the position for 5 minutes, then relax, the pain should go down.
- Put a fist under the belly, gently press and move the rolling movements, wait for relief, relieve spasm and contraction of the uterus. So, do 2-3 times.
- Attach a heating pad with warm (cold) water, which helps with heavy periods. You can attach a plastic bottle filled with water to your stomach.
- Perform exercises from yoga, standing in the pose of a cobra, bow to tame a strong bleeding.
- Use a point massage by pressing on the knees from the inside, just below the waist.
Be sure that women need to reconsider their lifestyle, normalize nutrition. Thus, with a hereditary predisposition to painful periods, the main treatment is a diet shortly before the expected appearance of pain in the lower abdomen. Recommended for 3-4 days before the start of the menstrual cycle to abandon dairy, meat products.
Types of pain medicine
Each anesthetic drug has its own direction of action. Some drugs are able to cope with moderate pain, others - with a stronger, paroxysmal, spasmodic. Of course, their appointment should deal with the doctor. Some types of drugs are addictive and simply cease to act. The following main types of effective drugs are distinguished:
IMPORTANT! Doctors advise taking pain pills for painful menstruation only in special cases, when the pain becomes unbearable, and for diseases, take 1 tablet at most 3 times a day. If intestinal colic, headache, dizziness, it is better to cancel the drug, seek advice from a gynecologist.
Below are the main pain pills, candles for menstruation, a list of the most effective ones.
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
Non-steroidal agents relieve inflammation, are most effective shortly before the arrival of painful periods (2-3 days). Able to reduce the concentration of prostaglandins in the blood and even replace contraceptive drugs. But it is important to take into account contraindications. The most famous low-cost nonsteroids:
- Ibuprofen Form release - suspension, candles, capsules, tablets to reduce the amplitude of contractions of the uterus, reduce pressure in the walls. Contraindications: asthma, ulcer, perforation of the intestine, hepatic (renal) failure. It is one of the safest drugs, effective in combination with Paracetamol, Ibuklin.
- Diclofenac. Form release - capsules, rectal suppositories, tablets for inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis. Effective advance reception 2 days before the arrival of painful periods. Contraindications: inflammation of the digestive tract, asthma, intestinal diseases, stomach ulcers. The drug can be combined with No-Spa, Ibuprofen.
- Paracetamol in the form of a suspension, suppositories, tablets. Effective with mild to moderate menstrual pain to relieve. Will help with dysmenorrhea. Analogs: Acetaminophen, Migrenol, Panadol. Contraindications: failure of the kidneys, abnormal liver function, alcoholism.
- Ketoprofen with release form - capsules, tablets. It contributes to the suppression of prostaglandin synthesis, elimination of the intensity of uterine contractions. Contraindications: gastric ulcer, colitis, gastrointestinal diseases, renal failure, hemophilia. Analogs: Flamaks, Ketanov, Dexalgin.
- Naproxen, the release form - pills, gives an analgesic effect, will help get rid of unpleasant sensations, reduce pain. Contraindications: lactation, bronchial spasms. Analogs: Bonifen, Pronaxen, Sanaprox.
Drugs quickly relieve menstrual pain. The release form is a solution, tablets. Most Popular:
- Analgin (Tempalgin, Baralgin) in the treatment of pain syndrome (regardless of etiology), infectious inflammatory course in the uterine cavity. Contraindications: blood disorders, renal dysfunction.
- Aspirin with the active ingredient - acetylsalicylic acid, to relieve symptomatic pain during menstruation with an impact in the joints, back and muscles, lowering the temperature in acute inflammatory course. The recommended dose is 2 tablets 4 times a day. Contraindications: age up to 15 years, bronchial asthma, stomach ulcer.
- Novalgin with the active component - propifenazone. It is a combination medicine for mild, moderate pain relief, regardless of origin. It is indicated for primary dysmenorrhea, febrile syndrome. Contraindications: intracranial hypertension, glaucoma, anemia, arrhythmia. Analogs: Caffetine, Saridon.
- Pentalgin with the release form - capsules, tablets. Ingredients: caffeine, naproxen, paracetamol. Contraindications: tachycardia, gastrointestinal bleeding, gastric ulcer. The recommended dosage is 1 tablet 2 times a day.
Often, painful periods provoke a hormonal imbalance. Hormones are important for the menstrual cycle, the failure of which leads to unpleasant sensations in the lower back and stomach.
ATTENTION! Do not use drugs for the purpose of protection from pregnancy. Hormones are able to normalize hormones, minimize the appearance of a malfunction, and alleviate the unpleasant signs of dysmenorrhea. They are usually prescribed in small doses, but well reduce the content of prostaglandins in the body.
Contraceptives will minimize the amount of blood released, reduce intrauterine pressure, the intensity of uterine contractions:
- Диане 35 с действующим компонентом – ципротерону ацетат. Применение начинать желательно с 1-ого дня менструального цикла. Хорошо помогает от болей при месячных. Side effects: bleeding between menstruation, headache, nausea, vomiting, engorgement of the mammary glands. Contraindications: migraine, pancreatitis, uterine bleeding, thrombosis.
- Yarin, the active component is drospirenone. The course of treatment is 21 days, 1 tablet per day. Side effects: breast tenderness, nausea, vomiting. Contraindications: pregnancy.
- Triziston with the active component - levonorgestrel. Analogs-Trikvilar, Three-regol, Ovidon, Triziston.
It is important to use suppositories, anesthetic suppositories for menstruation to consult with your doctor before using. Errors in the selection are not allowed. Otherwise, they can strengthen negativism, lead to opposite results.
Contraindications and side effects of pills
Women need to understand that anesthesia is an extreme measure. It is important to identify the true causes of the unpleasant pain syndrome, manifested on the eve of the arrival of critical days, and to direct treatment to the elimination of provoking factors. To take thoughtlessly pain pills during menstruation means to suppress the pain in the lower abdomen for a short period. In particular, all drugs have side effects, contraindications and violations:
- nonsteroidal drugs should not be taken for gastrointestinal diseases, pregnancy, kidney failure, heart disease, asthma, bleeding of a different etiology, allergies,
- analgesics have a quick analgesic effect, but are not allowed to receive with glaucoma, hypotensive allergy, liver failure, kidney problems.
In case of overdose, drugs can cause such manifestations as nausea, heartburn, skin rash.
It is always better to solve the problems of painful periods without medication. But how to reduce pain during menstruation without pills? Some folk methods with rendering spasmolytic, sedative, antibacterial action - to help:
- oregano for lower abdominal pain: 2 tbsp. l boil with boiling water (300 ml), insist 0.5 hour, take shortly before meals,
- Kalina: 4 tsp. pour boiling water, insist, take 1/4 cup 2 times a day,
- chamomile and valerian (root) 1 x 2 :, prepare an infusion that can relieve nervousness, pain before menstruation.
Well eliminate the pain of the grass: nettle, oregano, chamomile and mint from which you can brew tea.
On a note! In no case can not tolerate severe pain. If that has become unbearable, not pills, then it is better to contact the gynecologist faster, because each woman's body is individual. It is painful menstruation - a sign of the inflammatory course in the urogenital system, the development of female diseases. It is not recommended to neglect folk remedies, because, for example, nettle has contraindications: excessive blood clotting, allergies, atherosclerosis.
Well helps with painful menstruation water pepper (extract). But there are contraindications: inflammation of the bladder, individual intolerance, kidney disease.
Pain medication reviews
- I am Marina, I was bothered by painful periods before childbirth, my stomach hurt badly for 2-3 days so that I could not get out of bed. Began treatment of pain No-spa.
- I am Inna, I started taking Analgin. The pain gradually passed for a while. Then menstruation remained painful, but tolerable. Drotaverine helped, although I prefer not to take strong pills. Better methods at hand. I apply a bottle with warm water, massage the abdomen.
- I - Alina, the period of menstruation was so painful that I could not straighten. Began to take Ketans. Assistance is provided after 5-7 minutes. No damage was revealed. After 2-3 days, the pain completely releases.
Many women complain of debilitating painful periods. Nevertheless, pain pills - an extreme measure and take them often is not recommended. Constipation, diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, migraine, dizziness may occur. Doctors say that menstruation should not normally occur with severe pain. Drinking pills at random is probably useless. It is important to identify provocative factors, to start the fight from them at the initial stage.
An important role is played by prevention:
- strengthening the body
- carrying out the simplest physical procedures
- inclusion in the diet of vitamins, minerals (calcium, magnesium).
Women are advised to trace which pain pills have been more effective after use. Antispasmodics, anti-inflammatory nonsteroidal preparations composed of Metamizole sodium usually help well. But the female body is individual. If one helps analgesics, then for others they become almost useless.
Types of menstrual pain
Menstruation may be accompanied by several unpleasant symptoms. According to the location of the discomfort, they are divided into abdominal pain during menstruation and severe headaches. Each of the syndromes is heavily tolerated by the body and unsettled.
Menstrual migraines appear before menstruation. They are characterized by spasms of cerebral vessels, as a result of a sharp contraction and expansion of which nerve receptors are affected. With migraines, throbbing headache, nausea, and other vegetative or neurological symptoms occur.
Abdominal pain during menstruation is called dysmenorrhea or algomenorrhea. It is divided into primary and secondary. Also, dysmenorrhea is classified as mild, moderate, and severe by severity. Primary occurs with the advent of the menstrual cycle, or some time after that. With age or (most often) after childbirth, it passes on its own. Secondary algomenorrhea occurs at a more mature age due to gynecological diseases. Its manifestations are stronger than at primary. In mild dysmenorrhea, moderate pain does not interfere with social activity. Medium degree implies a general weakness of the body, poor health. In severe stage of dysmenorrhea, the pain is very strong, vomiting and other unpleasant symptoms are added to it.
As a result of an increase in blood levels of testosterone, hormones increase. Because of this, well-being is significantly deteriorated. The difference in the chemical composition of blood affects the brain vessels, which may cause the appearance of menstrual migraine.
Another factor that can trigger such a pain syndrome is a violation of the water-salt balance. Since the rejection of cells during menstruation is accompanied by heavy bleeding, the body begins to accumulate a lot of fluid in advance. There is swelling of tissues, including the brain, with the result that there are severe headaches.
Menstrual migraine, which is also called cephalgic syndrome, is primarily manifested by long-term pulsating pain, which is concentrated in one part of the head - most often frontal, occipital, or temporal. This may be accompanied by nausea, vomiting, sweating, and general weakness. The body reacts painfully to external stimuli - light, sound, smell. Sometimes heart pain and pressure surges can occur.
Menstrual Migraine Treatment
If you observe signs of cephalgic syndrome, you should be examined by a gynecologist and a neurologist, who will prescribe treatment according to the results of tests and diagnostics. It may include taking vitamin complexes, hormones, homeopathy. Well relieve headaches during menstruation such pills as Aspirin, Nurofen, Sumatriptan, Zolmitriptan, Ketorol.
With a tendency to menstrual migraine, a woman must be especially careful to monitor their lifestyle. It is recommended to spend a lot of time in the fresh air, enough time to sleep and relax. It is necessary to eat right, because some foods can have a negative impact.
Symptoms of dysmenorrhea
The main symptoms of dysmenorrhea are general weakness of the body and abdominal pain during menstruation. They arise on the eve of the onset of menstrual bleeding or directly on this day. Pain located in the uterus, can give in the lower back, sacrum, groin, external genitals. The character can be cramping, pulling, sharp, dull. The severity of discomfort from moderate to very intense.
Severe pain during menstruation is sometimes accompanied by dry mouth, nausea, vomiting. Intestinal function is impaired, resulting in constipation, bloating or diarrhea. It may ache or feel dizzy, beat the chills, rise to 37 ° temperature, and cause tachycardia. Severe pain or general weakness sometimes leads to fainting.
In addition to poor physical health, dysmenorrhea causes emotional and mental disorders. A woman becomes irritable, distracted, restless. Memory may deteriorate, insomnia may appear. Reduced performance. Against dysmenorrhea, a short-term depressive state may develop.
Causes of pain
If a woman has pain during menstruation, the reasons may be different - both physiological and the result of diseases of the urinary system. Depending on this, dysmenorrhea is divided into primary and secondary.
Menstruation is the process of cleansing the body of unnecessary and harmful tissues located in the uterus. Rejected endometrium produces prostaglandin hormones, which are chemicals. They lead to a contraction of the uterus muscles, as a result of which the blood arteries are pinched, the blood supply to the tissues is deteriorated, and pain receptors are stimulated. The more prostaglandins in the blood, the stronger the contractions and, consequently, the pain.
Severe pain during menstruation can occur with various disorders, diseases, inflammatory processes. Then they are called secondary dysmenorrhea. The most common cause is:
- succulent myoma,
- ovarian cysts,
- genital infections
- varicose pelvic veins.
Occasionally, an abnormal position, a bend of the uterus, its too narrow cervix and other malformations of the internal and external genital organs can affect the manifestation of unpleasant symptoms. Pain can be triggered by an abortion or an intrauterine device. Low levels of progesterone or calcium can also cause you to feel unwell during your period. Menstrual pain can occur as a result of stress, nervous breakdowns, emotional experiences.
With dysmenorrhea, you can take one of several types of drugs - painkillers, soothing, hormonal. For each of them, you should consult with your doctor.
Most commonly prescribed such pain pills for menstruation, such as No-shpa, Ibuprofen, Ketonal, Solpadine, Paracetamol, Tempalgin, Baralgin. Also good help injections "Analgina" and "Papaverina". These drugs reduce the level of prostaglandin, which reduces the intensity of contractions and, accordingly, pain.
If a woman is often nervous, and pain occurs on this basis, you should take sedatives. For example, “Valerian”, “Novo-Passit”.
Oral contraceptives on a hormonal basis can significantly reduce or even eliminate severe pain during menstruation. On this occasion, be sure to consult with your doctor.
Meals during the month
If you experience pain during menstruation, it is recommended to follow a diet. Bowel movements should occur in a timely manner so that it does not press on the uterus that is enlarging these days. Preference should be given to vegetables, bran, unpolished rice, buckwheat porridge.
Meat and liver will help restore the balance of protein and iron in the body. Salad, tomatoes, dairy products due to the presence of calcium, potassium and magnesium will reduce the uterine tone. Olives, corn, beans, thanks to vitamin E will improve health.
Foods that contain sodium, caffeine, a large amount of salt should be excluded. This affects the psycho-emotional state and the accumulation of fluid in the body.
Massage from painful sensations
An excellent tool for relieving pain during menstruation is acupressure. It consists in pressing on the point located on the inside of the leg between the knee and the ankle. You need to press for 1-2 minutes, on the left foot, and then on the right. Another option is a point located on the inner surface of the foot, four fingers up from the ankle. There are places on the tailbone and in the center of the back, pressing on them for ten seconds also reduces pain.
You can stroke and massage the lower abdomen and lower back in a clockwise direction with circular movements. It improves blood flow and reduces pain. The application of a hot-water bottle to the stomach, a warm, dry towel, a bottle of hot water reduces the intensity of the spasms.
Physical exercise to eliminate pain
During menstrual bleeding, sports are undesirable, and for painful sensations, they are completely contraindicated. However, walking in the fresh air, yoga and simple exercises will only benefit.
1. Stand in the knee-elbow position, head down. Stay in this position for two minutes.
2. Lie down on a flat surface. Bend your legs at the knees, resting feet. Hands stretch along the body, palms down. Muscles should be as relaxed as possible. Within two minutes, gently bending the abdomen, take short breaths and exhalations.
3. Lying on a flat surface, on your back, put a book on your stomach. Slowly inhale the air with the nose, lift it up, strain the muscles, hold it in that position for five seconds. Repeat the exercise for about two minutes.
1. Pose "cobra". Slowly leaning face down, gradually raise up the head, and then the chest, not helping himself with his hands. Then, with the help of hands, continue to raise the chest until back pain appears. Head as much as possible to take back, looking up. When lifting, inhale, while lowering exhalation. Then get some rest and repeat again.
2. Pose "bow". Lie on your stomach, bend over your back, bend your legs at the knees and grab the ankles with your hands. Bending in, one must inhale and letting go of the legs exhale. You can hold your breath, ride on his stomach back and forth.
In performing physical exercises during menstruation, the main thing is not to overdo it. When more discomfort appears, you need to stop.
Many women have pain during menstruation. What to do with this? First of all, you should contact your doctor, who will conduct an examination and identify the cause of ailments. Based on this, the treatment and measures to be taken to eliminate the pain syndrome will be determined.
Why do pains occur during menstruation?
If there is no other cause for concern and the main complaint of a woman is pain during menstruation, then you should not worry. Such pain may occur due to active contractions of the uterus.
The menstrual cycle takes place in such a way that, about once a month, the uterus, while intensively contracting, begins to reject the inner layer of the epithelium. Contractions are caused by a large release of prostaglandin active substances. The result is pain of varying severity.
Pain during menstruation may worsen in the presence of the following circumstances:
- poor nutrition,
- lack of physical activity
- recent childbirth or abortion,
- hereditary factor
- the presence of intrauterine contraceptive,
- stress, shocks or increased emotionality.
Many women immediately ask the question: what to drink if the stomach hurts during menstruation? But knowing its causes, you can not bring to the medication.
Eating fatty, fried and spicy foods is not recommended during and before menstruation. The more delayed the outflow of water from the body, the higher the likelihood that the pain will increase.
The same can be said about physical exertion. Moderate activity allows food to be absorbed faster, prevents water stagnation and helps to improve blood circulation.
If a woman has undergone an abortion, childbirth or surgery in the past six months, then the natural consequence may be pain during menstruation. This phenomenon is normal and is the result of physical intervention.
Such pains usually disappear within a few months. Also, the pain may increase due to a helix or other contraceptive inserted in the uterus.
Is dysmenorrhea normal or a reason to consult a doctor?
The degree of pain depends not only on the number and strength of contractions, but also on the level of the pain threshold - some women suffer pain more easily than others.
But if the discomfort is too strong, you need to pay attention to the presence of other alarming symptoms, because dysmenorrhea can accompany such serious violations as:
- spontaneous abortion (miscarriage),
- low calcium levels
- lowering the level of progesterone,
- ovarian cyst,
- Uterus bend,
- various genital inflammations.
Primary dysmenorrhea occurs in young girls immediately after the onset of menstruation or within 3–4 years. Most often, emotional pain is experienced by strong girls. There are two types of dysmenorrhea: adrenergic and parasympathetic. They differ in concomitant symptoms.
Adrenergic type expressed in increased levels of dopamine and adrenaline, resulting in a person's hormonal changes. Это проявляется тахикардией, запорами, головными болями, спазмом сосудов.
При парасимпатическом типе дисменореи, наоборот, появляется диарея, отеки, сердцебиение снижается, появляется лишний вес. Both types are not dangerous for the body and are the norm, especially asthenic physique often manifested in girls.
It is necessary to sound the alarm in the following cases:
- pills for abdominal pain do not help,
- severe bleeding, with many clots,
- unbearable pain, nausea, vomiting and other unpleasant symptoms.
An urgent need to consult a doctor. Sometimes the cause may be a miscarriage, which can easily be confused with menstruation. Since, ignoring its symptoms and late appealing for help can cost not only health, but also life.
How to prevent menstrual pain?
Unfortunately, the realities of modern life are such that, regardless of the nature of the pain during menstruation, it is impossible to fall out of the schedule of everyday affairs. Therefore, many women find many ways to not only get rid of the pain in the abdomen, but also to prevent it.
Approximately 3-4 days before the expected date of the onset of menstruation, you should abandon coffee, roast, fat, dishes with lots of spices, as well as sweets.
It is undesirable to use dairy products. Useful will be raw or boiled vegetables, fruits and berries. You should eat boiled lean meat. It will be the way, and the liver, which is rich in iron, the body needs, losing blood. Be sure to use cereals, especially buckwheat.
The best drinks from those that can be drunk with monthly pains for their elimination are herbal teas - with melissa, mint or chamomile. They can also be used before menstruation. Additionally, you can use multivitamins, drugs with magnesium and calcium.
Physical activity has a beneficial effect on blood flow and uterine contractions. Experts say that female athletes are much less likely to experience discomfort during menstruation. It's all about physical activity.
Unprepared girls, of course, do not need to set Olympic records. For those who are far from sport, an active walk in the park, walking, cycling or rollerblading will be perfect. Women attending fitness clubs can and should continue to workout, slightly reducing their activity.
On the eve of menstruation, you need to protect yourself from stress and shocks as much as possible.
Menstruation Pain Medications
The first decision that comes to mind is to drink painkillers. But not every woman knows for sure which pills will help with pain during menstruation. The most rapid effect of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
They relieve menstrual pains in 15–20 minutes and can even prevent severe pains if they are started 1-2 days before the start of menstruation.
The principle of action of NSAIDs is to block the production of prostaglandins, causing too strong contraction of the uterus. After taking the pill, the contractions become less pronounced, and the pain subsides, and the work on the rejection of the epithelium does not stop.
From pain during menstruation will help tablets NSAIDs, containing such active ingredients as:
- Diclofenac sodium,
Aspirin also belongs to anti-inflammatory drugs, but its analgesic effect is much lower compared with the other drugs in this group. In addition, aspirin preparations have a blood thinning effect and can increase bleeding.
It is necessary to strictly adhere to the recommendations specified in the instructions, since exceeding the maximum dose can lead to serious side effects. Whatever the severe pain during menstruation, you can not drink more than two tablets of NSAIDs at a time. During the day, this drug is allowed to take no more than 4 times.
Various antispasmodics, such as Drotaverinum (the well-known No-Spa), Papaverin and others, or analgesics (Analgin, Baralgin) have proven themselves well. Such tablets must be taken in a course and strictly adhere to the recommendations on the package.
It must also be borne in mind that such drugs have an extensive list of contraindications. It is best to consult with a gynecologist or general practitioner before using them.
The name of pain pills for menstruation can be different, so you need to pay attention to their active substance. This is especially true in cases where side effects or allergies to a particular drug have been noticed before.
It is necessary to wash down the medication only with plain water at room temperature. It is strictly forbidden to take tablets with milk or hot tea. The temperature of the tea and the composition of the milk enter into undesirable reactions with the tablet. As a result, it will not have the desired effect, but it can be extremely harmful to the liver or pancreas.
Often, women ask questions about which pills to drink for pain during menstruation, gynecologists answer simply - contraceptive drugs. Appointing them, the doctor expects not only to protect the girl from unwanted pregnancy, but also to normalize the hormones of her body.
In the absence of strong hormonal jumps, the pain during menstruation will become much less pronounced. To achieve this effect, contraceptives should be drunk for a long time, and only a doctor can pick them up for the needs of a particular organism.
How to relieve pain without medication?
If the pain is taken by surprise, you can perform several breathing exercises. To do this, you must take a comfortable position, sitting or reclining, and take a deep slow breath with your nose, and then exhale with your mouth.
Another version of this exercise is with weighting on the stomach (a medium-sized book will do, in no case should you use very heavy objects!). Enough 5-6 reps to relieve pain.
From sharply arising pain well helps warmly. For example, a hot-water bottle or a plastic bottle with warm water placed on the stomach for 15 minutes. To eliminate pain that has already arisen during menstruation, you can drink something that will increase blood circulation, for example, hot black tea or non-alcoholic mulled wine.
Herbal extracts also have a beneficial effect. Most often, menstruation drink infusion of raspberry leaves, herbs, oregano and charges of chamomile and lemon balm.
Effective against pain - massage. When menstrual pain will help the following types of it:
- lightly stroking the belly in a clockwise direction
- lumbar massage
Acupressure consists of massaging a point on the inside of the lower leg, 4–5 cm above the ankle. Short pressing it will relieve the pain in the abdomen.
Moderate exercise can also be helpful for abdominal pain. Here are some of them:
- Lie on your back and put your bent legs on the wall. Focus on the feet for a few seconds. Repeat the exercise 3-4 times.
- Lying to rest your feet on the floor. Smoothly, without straining the abdominal muscles, raise the pelvis up and return to its original position. Repeat 3 times.
- Lying on your stomach, put your hands on the floor and bend your back as much as possible. Stay in this position for a few seconds, keeping calm breathing. Make 3 sets.
In the program of physical therapy, there are other exercises to relax the lumbosacral. All of them can help in dealing with pain during menstruation.
Before you think which pills to drink when your stomach hurts during your period, you should consult with your doctor. It is he who will determine the degree of pain, its causes and acceptable methods of dealing with it.
In a gynecological office, the doctor will conduct all the necessary research, make an ultrasound scan and prescribe the correct treatment. If a woman monitors her menstrual cycle, marks the beginning and end of menstruation, the time of pain and the presence of any other symptoms, this can greatly facilitate the diagnosis.
In most cases, dysmenorrhea does not require serious treatment and can pass by itself, for example, after childbirth. But it can be a signal of negative changes in the body and respond to them - the responsibility of every woman who is monitoring her health.
Author: Maria Maslova,
specifically for Mama66.ru
List of pain pills for menstruation
Painful sensations in the period of menstruation disturb many women, while they may be weak, but debilitating and long, or so strong that they cannot be tolerated. Therefore, pain pills in most cases for women are the same need as special hygiene products.
To get rid of abdominal pain during menstruation will help effective pills from the following groups:
Diclofenac (Diklovit, Voltaren, Rapten, Naklofen, Sanfinak, Revmavek)
Available in capsules, tablets, candles, the main active ingredient is diclofenac sodium.
The drug is most effective when taken in advance, as it freezes prostaglandin synthesis. Tablets are indicated for various pain syndromes of weak and moderate intensity, feverish state, as part of complex therapy of infectious and inflammatory diseases of the throat, nose, ear.
For painful periods, take 1-2 tablets 2-3 times a day.
Contraindications: hypersensitivity, gastrointestinal bleeding, ulcer in the acute stage, impaired hemostasis.
Ibuprofen (Nurofen, MIG)
Available in the form of candles, suspensions, tablets, capsules, the main active ingredient is ibuprofen.
The drug has antipyretic, analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects. It is indicated for moderate pains of various etiologies, inflammatory diseases of the spine and joints, febrile syndrome.
Take pain pills for menstruation before meals for girls under 16 years of age and adults 200 milligrams 4 times a day.
Contraindications: erosive and ulcerative diseases of the digestive tract, inflammatory diseases of the intestinal tract, pathology of the kidneys and liver, gastrointestinal bleeding, etc.
Indomethacin (Metindol, Indovis)
Available in the form of tablets, capsules, solution, ointment, suppositories, gel, is one of the derivatives of indole acid.
For internal use, they are indicated for dysmenorrhea, pain in the spine, articular syndrome, myalgia, neuralgia.
When the stomach hurts during menstruation, it is necessary to take the drug on 1 tablet 3 times a day.
Contraindications: dysfunction of the liver, kidneys, hypersensitivity to indomethacin, ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract, arterial hypertension and so on.
Ketonal (Ketoprofen, Flamax)
Available in the form of a solution, capsules, candles, gel, active ingredient - ketoprofen.
It has anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic effects. Appointed with a strong pain syndrome.
Drink pills from the abdomen 2 pieces 3 times a day.
Contraindications: bronchial asthma, urticaria, rhinitis, gastric and duodenal ulcer, renal or hepatic insufficiency, hemophilia and other bleeding disorders and so on.
Naproxen (Bonifen Forte, Algezir Ultra)
The active ingredient is naproxen.
Reduces pain in the joints, back, with primary dysmenorrhea, adnexitis, diseases of the upper respiratory tract.
Take no more than 3 tablets per day.
Contraindications: erosive and ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract, abnormal liver function and kidney function, hypersensitivity to naproxen, and so on.
Paracetamol (Panadol, Prohodol, Migrenol, Febritset, etc.)
Available in tablets, suspensions and suppositories, the active ingredient is paracetamol.
It shows high efficacy in moderate and weak pain syndrome of various origins.
It is recommended to take 1 tablet up to 4 times per day.
Contraindications: disorders of the liver and kidneys, alcohol abuse.
Available in the form of tablets, capsules and gels, the main active ingredient is piroxicam.
It is used to relieve pain in dysmenorrhea in patients over 12 years old, inflammatory diseases of the upper respiratory tract. Also, the drug is indicated for external and systemic use in articular syndrome, myalgia, neuralgia, etc.
For pain during menstruation, take 1 tablet 3 times a day.
Contraindications: bronchial asthma, gastrointestinal tract pathology, liver, kidney and others.
No-shpa (Drotaverin, Spazmonet)
Available in tablets, capsules and solution for injection, the active ingredient is drotaverine hydrochloride.
The drug is indicated for spasms of smooth muscles, diseases of the biliary ducts (cholecystitis, cholangitis, etc.), urinary system (cystitis, nephrolithiasis, pyelitis, etc.), gastrointestinal tract (ulcer, gastritis, colitis, enteritis, etc.). Nosh-pa is also used for headaches and dysmenorrhea.
Use the medicine for cramps 1-2 tablets up to 3 times a day.
side effects: severe cardiac renal or hepatic failure, galactose intolerance, hypersensitivity to medication components.
Available in the form of tablets, suppositories, solution, the main active ingredient is papaverine hydrochloride.
The drug is indicated for spasms of smooth muscles of the organs of the peritoneum, peripheral vessels, bronchi, kidneys, vessels of the brain.
Per day is allowed to take up to 5 tablets.
Contraindications: hypersensitivity, liver failure, glaucoma.
Spazmalgon (Took, GeoMag, Spazgan, Spazmoblok)
Available in tablets, capsules and solution, the active ingredients are metamizole sodium, pitofenone, fenpiverinium bromide.
The combination of 3 components helps to relax smooth muscles, relieve pain and reduce fever. The drug is used for moderate or mild pain syndrome in case of renal or hepatic colic, pain of spastic etiology along the intestine. In addition, the drug is shown as an adjunct to eliminate pain after diagnostic and surgical interventions.
To eliminate unpleasant sensations in the stomach, take 1 tablet 3 times a day.
Contraindications: angina pectoris, acute heart failure, intestinal obstruction and so on.
Analgin (Baralgin, Tempalgin)
Available in tablets, candles, solution, the active ingredient - Metamizole sodium.
The drug is prescribed for pain of various origins (biliary and renal colic, myalgia, neuralgia, toothache, headache, etc.), and fever in infectious and inflammatory diseases.
Take 1 tablet up to 3 times a day.
Contraindications: dysfunction of the liver, kidney, blood diseases, increased susceptibility to the components of the drug.
Aspirin (Thrombotic, acetylsalicylic acid)
Active ingredient acetylsalicylic acid.
The drug is indicated for the symptomatic relief of dental, headache, menstrual pain, pain in the throat, back, joints and muscles. It is used to reduce the temperature of colds and other infectious and inflammatory diseases.
To relieve pain during menstruation, take 2 tablets up to 4 times a day.
Contraindications: gastric ulcer, hemorrhagic diathesis, bronchial asthma, hypersensitivity to ASA and other any excipients, age up to 15 years.
Novalgin (Saridon, Caffetin, Safiston, Flucomp Extratab)
The active ingredients are propifenazone, paracetamol, caffeine.
The combined drug is used in the treatment of pain of medium and low intensity of various origin (primary dysmenorrhea, migraine, myalgia, arthralgia, etc.), febrile syndrome.
Take 1 tablet 1-3 times a day.
Contraindications: deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase, anemia, renal or hepatic insufficiency, glaucoma, intracranial hypertension, arrhythmia, etc.
Available in tablets, capsules, a combined tool, which consists of: paracetamol, naproxen, caffeine.
The drug is prescribed for various pains, catarrhal diseases.
Take 1 tablet 1-3 times a day.
Contraindications: gastrointestinal bleeding, ulcer, paroximal tachycardia, pathology of the cardiovascular system, etc.
Sometimes oral contraceptives in small doses can significantly alleviate the unpleasant symptoms of dysmenorrhea. The drugs suppress the hormonal function of the ovaries with synthetic analogues of the hormone estrogen, as a result of which the prostaglandins content in the woman’s body decreases.
As a result, the pain disappears or becomes less pronounced. In addition, contraceptives reduce the amount of bleeding, reduce intrauterine pressure and, as a consequence, the intensity and frequency of contractions of the uterus.
Available in a dragee, the active ingredients are ethinyl estradiol and cyproterone acetate.
Take 1 tablet a day. The reception time should be the same every day. Drink medicine should start on the 1st day of the cycle.
Side effects: rarely - soreness, engorgement of the mammary glands and discharge from them, intermenstrual bleeding, weight change, nausea, vomiting, migraine.
Contraindications: thrombosis, diabetes mellitus, the presence of severe risk factors for arterial or venous thrombosis, liver tumors, pancreatitis, migraine, uterine bleeding.
Yarin (Median, Jess)
The active ingredients are ethinyl estradiol and drospirenone.
Take 1 tablet per day for 21 days.
Side effects: nausea and pain in the mammary glands.
Противопоказания: острая почечная недостаточность, нарушение функции печени, тромбозы, мигрень с очаговыми неврологическими симптомами, сахарный диабет с сосудистыми осложнениями, кровотечения неясного происхождения, беременность, лактация, повышенная чувствительность к активным веществам препарата.
Тризистон (Триквилар, Три-регол)
Действующие вещества – этинилэстрадиол и левоноргестрел.
Take the same scheme as the previous drugs.
If you like our article and you have something to add, share your thoughts. It is very important for us to know your opinion!
Pain pills for menstruation
Many women experience the problem of pain in the abdomen during the menstrual cycle. For some, the feeling of painful periods is quite tolerable, but for others it is not. What can be done in such a situation, what is the best remedy you can choose from heavy discharge, which is better to choose pain pills for menstruation? Let's try to understand this all today, choosing a truly effective remedy for the painful menstruation cycle.
Cause of field sensations
What are the causes of pain and heavy discharge at the beginning of the cycle? This process is a kind of malaise called dysmenorrhea. In other words, it is called a failure in menstrual function, accompanied by vomiting, nausea, pain in the head, lower back and lower abdomen. According to the data, about 65% of all women complain of abdominal pain and other cycle disorders. With cycle disorder, the causes of this phenomenon may be as follows:
- Increased activity of the thyroid gland, the presence of hormonal failure.
- The use of contraceptives (intrauterine device).
- Hypersensitivity to various changes that occur in the human body.
- An abortion or postpartum period.
- Irregular sex life.
- Incorrect uterus location.
- Genetic predisposition.
- Improper nutrition.
- The lack of minerals in the body, in particular, magnesium and potassium.
In this case, abdominal pains begin in the first days of the cycle, may be accompanied by the presence of heavy periods. Today, there are many drugs that help alleviate the overall condition during the cycle. You can also always use folk remedies that help with heavy discharge and abdominal pain.
It is possible to use painkillers during menstruation only if the discomfort is not associated with pathological changes in the woman's body. It is best to first consult with your doctor to determine the means that it is recommended to drink it in your particular case.
In such a situation, one should not try to self-medicate, as this can be fraught with serious health problems.
In any pharmacy, you can buy various pills for menstruation, which help eliminate pain in the abdomen and other unpleasant symptoms. But how exactly to choose really good and high-quality pain pills for menstruation? What is better to drink with heavy menstruation during the cycle?
Elimination of pain in the abdomen without medical drugs
Before starting to drink pills, we recommend trying simple, but effective folk remedies for heavy and painful menstruation. To remove abdominal pain helps:
- Lie down comfortably on the bed, knees should be pulled up to the chest as much as possible, clasp them with your hands. In this position, you need to stay for a while, until you feel better.
- Put a hot water bottle on your belly with warm or cold water. In order to determine which heating pad helps, it is recommended to first put one if not help, then the other.
- It is recommended to drink hot tea. Folk remedies recommend adding a small amount of balsam or brandy to tea.
In the event that all the above means are not able to remove the pain at the beginning of the cycle, then it is recommended to use drugs that can be bought at a pharmacy.
In order to remove the pain at the beginning of the cycle, in most cases, drugs are used in this category: anti-inflammatory nonsteroidal drugs. Such drugs very quickly help with painful menstruation, they can be taken even before the menstruation cycle begins. A big advantage in this case can be called their availability and low cost. These drugs include:
- Aspirin. To get rid of pain in the abdomen, such tablets are recommended to take up to four times a day, two tablets.
- Paracetamol. For these purposes, it is recommended to drink four tablets of medicine a day.
- Ibuprofen In order to remove the pain syndrome, you need to drink no more than six tablets per day.
- Piroxicam. This pain reliever for painful periods is recommended to take three tablets a day.
- Indomethacin. Per day it is recommended to take up to three tablets or two candles with an interval of 12 hours.
- Naproxen. Take twice a day for two to four dragees.
- Ketoprofen. Take two pills three times a day.
Home treatment options for painful menstruation
Most women who try to alleviate their general well-being during their monthly periods resort to various home treatments. In our particular case, we are talking about a special tea prepared according to this recipe: in the same amount you need to take buckthorn, calendula, chamomile, mint and lemon balm. All mix thoroughly and separate two tablespoons of the mixture from the total mass, then pour the entire glass of boiling water. Leave the tea until the time it reaches room temperature, after which it should be filtered.
Drink this infusion should be in several receptions in one day. Have you forgotten the rule that prevention is the best treatment? Pain during the menstrual cycle is no exception. What preventive actions in this case can be effective? Let's find out together.
In order to avoid having to take painkillers during menstruation, it is necessary at least a week before the onset of menstruation to switch to the principles of proper eating. In this case, it is recommended to completely remove fried, salted, smoked food from the diet, also limit the consumption of grapes, pears, legumes. It is recommended that vegetables, kefir, cottage cheese and fish be introduced into the diet. Such products allow you to minimize the pain during menstruation.
Advice from a specialist
So, we were able to tell which drugs and folk remedies are recommended to use in the presence of pain in the stomach during menstruation. What methods of treatment is preferable to choose in this case. At the same time, we want to warn you in advance that you should not ignore a visit to a gynecologist and resort to such recommendations only after you can be sure that there are no serious health problems. Do not self-medicate.
Vermox: instructions for use
Allohol: instructions for use
Nimesles: instructions for use
The most effective vitamins for hair
Review of effective painkillers during menstruation
Pain relief pills for pain during menstruation from the group of antispasmodics differ by side effects, such as headaches and dizziness, disorders of the gastrointestinal tract (diarrhea, nausea), allergic reactions to the components of drugs.
One of the most effective drugs for the treatment of menstrual pain is considered No-shpa. This tool is well combined with other antispasmodics. Duration of treatment - up to 2 days or until the disappearance of discomfort.
2 Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
For the treatment and prevention of problems with the menstrual cycle (amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea, menorrhagia, Opsomenorrhea, etc.) and vaginal dysbacteriosis, our readers successfully use the simple advice of the chief gynecologist Leyla Adamova. Having carefully studied this method, we decided to offer it to your attention.
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs have an analgesic effect and help to cope with inflammation. Their reception takes place under the strict supervision of a physician, often for a more noticeable effect, it should be started 2-3 days before the start of menstruation. These drugs are often prescribed to girls who do not want to take hormonal drugs (including contraceptives) or who have contraindications. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs reduce the level of prostaglandins in the blood. The list of such drugs:
- Paracetamol (tablets, analgesic suppositories or suspension). Shows high efficiency at weak and moderate pains. Can be taken within 3-4 times a day. Paracetamol is found in many medicines used for dysmenorrhea: Panadol, Migrenol, Lupocet, Prohodol, Febritset, Acetaminophen, etc. Paracetamol is contraindicated for women suffering from kidney and liver disorders, as well as to people who abuse alcohol.
- Ibuprofen (tablets, capsules, suppositories and suspensions). When menstrual pain Ibuprofen reduces the pressure inside the uterus and reduces the amplitude of its contractions. Ibuprofen is taken 3-4 times a day after meals. The substance ibuprofen is widely represented in analogues such as Nurofen, MIG or Sedalgin. Contraindications to the drug Ibuprofen - renal or hepatic failure, hemophilia, asthma, gastric and intestinal ulcers. Despite the wide range of contraindications, Paracetamol and Ibuprofen are considered the safest drugs in their class. In the fight against menstrual pain, combination drugs are often used that contain components such as paracetamol and ibuprofen. This is Brustan, Ibuklin, Next, Hyrumat.
- Diclofenac (tablets, capsules and suppositories). This drug is more effective at an early start of administration, because it inhibits prostaglandin synthesis. Diclofenac should be taken three times a day. Contraindications - gastric and intestinal ulcers, inflammatory diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, asthma. Voltaren, Diklovit, Naklofen, Rapten, Revmavek, Sanfinak - all of these drugs contain the substance diclofenac and can be used as painkillers during menstruation. In some cases, Diclofenac and Ibuprofen can be used in combination with No-shpa.
- Naproxen (available in tablets) has an analgesic effect for painful menstruation. Appointed 2 times a day. Contraindications to taking the drug Naproxen include ulcerative lesions of the stomach and duodenum, breastfeeding, bronchospasm while taking other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Naproxen analogues - Apranax, Nagezin, Sanaprox, Pronaxen.
- Ketoprofen (tablets and capsules). The drug inhibits the synthesis of prostaglandin, which reduces the intensity of uterine contractions. Take the drug up to 3-4 times a day. The tool is not assigned to patients with ulcerative colitis, gastric ulcer and other inflammatory diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, hemophilia, renal and hepatic insufficiency. Ketoprofen is replaced by drugs such as Dexalgin, Ketonal, Flamax.
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory have side effects: allergies, inflammatory lesions of the gastrointestinal tract.
3 Metamizole sodium drugs
These drugs include the following drugs: Baralgin, Analgin, Brahl, Spazmalgon, Optalgin. Pain pills for menstruation often contain metamizole sodium in combination with pitofenone: Maxigan, Revalgin, Spazgan, Spazmalgon. Medicines are available in the form of both pills and injections. As a rule, are appointed 3 times a day. Contraindications include diseases, depressing blood formation, severe disorders of the kidneys and liver, asthma, breastfeeding.
4 First Aid
Drug therapy with painkillers is not the only way to get rid of dysmenorrhea. Reception of painkillers can be combined with procedures for relaxing the uterus. The calming effect is warm. It is necessary to lie down with a hot water bottle or an ordinary bottle of warm water attached to the stomach. You can take a shower or a warming bath with a relaxing effect.
Often the cause of pain during menstruation is a shaky nervous system, which is under the influence of hormonal influences. Showing soothing medications, decoctions of oregano, mint, lemon balm, chamomile, St. John's wort, wormwood. Sometimes elementary valerian has a positive effect and allows you to cope with pain in the abdomen.
Oral contraceptives in small doses can relieve pain. The basis of these drugs is the mechanism of suppression of the hormonal function of the ovaries by synthetic analogues of the hormone estrogen, as a result of which the content of prostaglandins in the female body decreases. Bottom line: the painful symptoms of dysmenorrhea disappear or become much less pronounced. Even hormonal contraceptives reduce the amount of blood secreted, reduce intrauterine pressure and, as a consequence, the frequency and intensity of contractions of the hollow organ. It may seem that these pain pills for menstruation are the best medicine offers, but taking any hormones is associated with a certain risk, and, therefore, taking combined oral contraceptives, albeit in small doses, must be carried out under the supervision of a gynecologist .
5 Examination and treatment
Modern medicine and pharmacology offer many ways to reduce the unpleasant manifestations of the menstrual cycle: from universal painkillers (No-spa, Ibuprofen) to combined oral contraceptives that affect hormonal balance. We must not forget about the main thing - behind the monthly pain flashes there may be a serious threat to reproductive function or even the life of the patient. Dysmenorrhea is a symptom of inflammation of the fallopian tubes, endometriosis, and pelvic tumors. This dysmenorrhea is called secondary and is diagnosed in 1/3 of patients with painful menstruation. In order not to miss the possible onset of a dangerous ailment, women are advised to visit a gynecologist at least 2 times a year and regularly make an ultrasound examination of the reproductive system.
And a little about the secrets.
Have you ever suffered from problems with Menstrual cycle. Judging by the fact that you are reading this article - the victory was not on your side. And of course you do not know firsthand what it is:
- heavy or scanty clots
- chest and lower back pain
- pain while having sex
- unpleasant smell
- urination discomfort
And now answer the question: does it suit you? Is it possible to endure problems? And how much money have you already “leaked” to ineffective treatment? That's right - it's time to stop with this! Do you agree? That is why we decided to publish an interview with the chief gynecologist of Russia Leyla Adamova. in which she revealed the simple secret of normalization of the menstrual cycle. Read the article ...